Windows 10: Mysterious Arrow After An Update

Discus and support Mysterious Arrow After An Update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; An update was done on my Windows 10 HP Laptop and when I powered it up afterwards, Microsoft Edge was installed, which I don't believe I had before,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TreyHolt, Jul 19, 2020.

1. TreyHolt Win User

Mysterious Arrow After An Update

An update was done on my Windows 10 HP Laptop and when I powered it up afterwards, Microsoft Edge was installed, which I don't believe I had before, but more importantly, this arrow was above my taskbar. I'm unable to click anything around it, but I tried dragging icons on the desktop towards it and it showed that the icon couldn't be dropped in that area, which tells me it's some kind of drop arrow, but where does it drop to? I also noticed that when I raised the height of my taskbar, it moved up, then I moved the taskbar back down and it stayed up. That made things a little easier, but it's still annoying as hell. What is this arrow and how do I get rid of it? Thank you in advance.

Mysterious Arrow After An Update [​IMG]

:)

TreyHolt, Jul 19, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Back arrow

In Internet Explorer, when my cursor hovered over the "Back" arrow, a list of recent pages would drop down. I can't make this happen with Edge. Any suggestions?

StanWilsonXU, Jul 19, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Mysterious Arrow After An Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Mysterious Arrow After An Update - Similar Threads - Mysterious Arrow Update

2. 2 arrow keys stuck after updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2 arrow keys stuck after updating: Hello! I recently updated my Windows Laptop and now the down arrow key and the right arrow key are stuck not physically. I tried restarting and it did not work, I'm not sure what to do to fix it but it happens on every app. I'll use the shut down button and see if that works,...
  3. 2 arrow keys stuck after updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 arrow keys stuck after updating: Hello! I recently updated my Windows Laptop and now the down arrow key and the right arrow key are stuck not physically. I tried restarting and it did not work, I'm not sure what to do to fix it but it happens on every app. I'll use the shut down button and see if that works,...
  4. 2 arrow keys stuck after updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Arrow keys functioning differently after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow keys functioning differently after update: I updated Windows 10 on my Lenovo laptop and now my arrow keys are acting differently. Before I could use them to scroll normally, and I would press Fn and the arrow keys in order to change brightness or the volume level. Now when I press the arrow keys up and down or left...
  6. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious Update in Startup Programs: I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called SqurrielSetup and that is it. Any idea what this is?...
  7. Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...: After the last set of updates that MS did, I noticed that I have a new icon on my desktop: [img] I can move it around the desktop, but I can't get it off the desktop and I don't want it there. Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of it? Any help gratefully received. 114142
  8. Mystery Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mystery Update.: Hello, can someone please advise what this update is, searching Google produces no results? Thank you, . : see attachment [img] 91954
  9. Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update

Mysteriously Having To Re-Activate After Creators Update: I downloaded and installed the Creators Update successfully but since then, if I remain connected to the internet long enough, Windows deactivates for no apparent reason. This never happened before, and I have made no hardware changes, and this has never happened before in...
  10. Mysterious Update

Mysterious Update: Hello. A few hours ago, when I shut off my pc, I had the screen "Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer." And it took about 20 mins. I thought it was an update, but Update Chronology says last update was on 15 March, so 2 days ago.What happened? 79589