Windows 10: Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something.

Discus and support Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So since almost 2 weeks, BITS is downloading something. Every apps in store is up to date, so as windows update. BTW I'm on version 1909 (Although 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yash12396, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something.

So since almost 2 weeks, BITS is downloading something. Every apps in store is up to date, so as windows update. BTW I'm on version 1909 (Although 2004 update is visible in the WU page). Office is also up to date. I am wondering, if everything is up to date, then what the hell is even being downloaded? Is there any method to know what app is trying to download through BITS? Though the bandwidth its using is between 64-120 KBps and I have LTE limited data pack on daily basis.

Also if I turn on metered connection, it stops downloading. Running BITS troubleshooter also stops downloading for 24 hours (or whenever it likes).

I could get this over just by turning on metered connection but this should not happen on idle when there is no update to perform.

submitted by /u/yash12396
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yash12396, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Jack4_335 Win User

External hard drive ununsual behaviour

Thank you for getting back so quickly. Unfortunately it displayed the same behaviour any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack4_335, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Phillmont Win User
    Hibernating laptop changes to sleep behaviour after Windows 10 May 2019 update

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried the two steps (turning of Hybrid sleep and Fast startup) you suggested but to no avail. Okay, for your two questions:

1. My laptop is a HP Pavilion 14-bf101tx, and currently running Windows 10 1903 (upgrading from 1809).
    2. Nope. No error messages. I suppose the boot process was successful, however, my battery was reduced. That's why I suggest the post title as "Hibernating changes to sleep behaviour" because the battery level reduction looks like sleep behaviour.

Please inform me of any diagnostics information you might need. Thank you for your kind assistance.

Phillmont, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something.

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something.

1. Mysterious behaviour of BITS downloading something. - Similar Threads - Mysterious behaviour BITS

2. Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious sudden mouse behaviour: So I've never seen or heard of this before. 1 day everything is fine for a long time. Then suddenly as of this morning my mouse does not respond to 99% of click, some applications it just doesn't click in like alt tabbing into a window, for left click only this is or what...
  3. Photo download mystery

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo download mystery: Prior to the "new" windows 10 update, I was able to upload new photos to my Documents and they would show in a new folder with the current date. Now that I have updated my windows 10, this has changed, and my photo files go directly to \OneDrive\Pictures they show as...
  4. Mysterious giant svchost.exe downloads, not going to Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mysterious giant svchost.exe downloads, not going to Updates?: I have Windows 10 Home Edition Version 1809. I'm trying to download and install "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909." As usual, most of my svchost.exe bandwidth is disappearing into thin air. Last night when I attempted to do this update on my very, very slow...
  5. Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!: PLEASE? - Can anyone tell me what the program called "SS Option"from publisher Slow Gefovo is for???I think it sneakily downloaded itself by way of piggyback withWIN ZIP when my husband tried to watch a movie on the computer. This happened while he was waiting for me to get...
  6. BitLocker mystery- Windows 10- 64 bit, Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker mystery- Windows 10- 64 bit, Home Edition: Bit Locker Puzzle; Though I only have the Home edition, I had a BitLocker recovery key when I encrypted my drive. Just inside the 12 month warranty period, a keyboard issue meant I had to return to Dell's repairers in Germany, where they fitted new keyboard +...
  7. Recently downloaded something.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recently downloaded something.: [ATTACH]The task bar above appeared after downloading something. I have never seen this before and when I go into taskmanager to close it, I don't find anything. I am slightly worried about this, is it normal?...
  8. trying to download something

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to download something: you see I'm trying to download a animation program called Macromedia Flash (adobe flash player) but idk which site to download it from I tried to download it on few sites but it seem to say it was not safe to download or not commonly downloaded since its a exe file I'm not...
  9. 64 bit download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    64 bit download: I just want to know can a fusion5 download a 64 bit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/64-bit-download/ae033cf6-4f80-41e7-9a80-074ea5ddf617
  10. Mysterious notifications (or something) lately

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notifications (or something) lately: About 2 weeks I noticed something really annoying - but only when using an app in fullscreen mode (ie games, Netflix, etc). Every few minutes Windows would automatically switch to the desktop. As you can imagine, this is SUPER annoying when playing a game. I could not figure...