Windows 10: Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

Discus and support Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Upon booting up I noticed a sneaky little resized box on my desktop. I've gone through my Task Manager, ended any suspect processes and that didn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BungaHead SHRED, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

Upon booting up I noticed a sneaky little resized box on my desktop. I've gone through my Task Manager, ended any suspect processes and that didn't seem to address the problem. I'm a little creeped out and wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how we can go about fixing it.

Thank you,

Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot 283ca1e8-6da0-451c-b6cf-ab5b11314997?upload=true.png

Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot 196ef77f-7988-4e6c-8260-d4c2b4011ed4?upload=true.png

:)

BungaHead SHRED, Mar 23, 2021

2. Display and booting black screen problem

Hi Aravind,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing issues with booting the device, accessing the hardware devices after booting. We will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display and other drivers.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: As you have not provided the complete model of your device, I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, search for the device model, download the latest drivers for your device and try the below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode, uninstall the existing display drivers, manually install the downloaded drivers and check if it helps.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Steps to Uninstall the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Uninstall

Refer to the article on how to manually install the drivers:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Method 2: You can install Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    • Try installing the driver and check.

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 23, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

1. Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot - Similar Threads - Mysterious Black Box

2. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  3. Apps with black box on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps with black box on desktop: I am getting icon with black box on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-with-black-box-on-desktop/8414c323-c03f-4c58-b139-43e28ee8e94a
  4. Black window/box in my desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black window/box in my desktop: [ATTACH] How do i fix this, its a black thing that i can expand, looks like cmd https://preview.redd.it/invyrprabkr81.png?width=320&format=png&auto=webp&s=ae021fd29f24f3d7ee13a059e85d92839f5c7cc5 submitted by /u/hiro_12093487 [link] [comments]...
  5. Help identify this mysterious black box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help identify this mysterious black box: I'm assuming it's a program as it minimizes when I minimize a window but comes back when I maximize the window. It doesn't show up in the taskbar or the apps running screen but the black box is always there from startup. I can't figure out what it could be in taskmanager....
  6. Black image mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black image mystery: On my local network, I have two PCs, both running Win10 and display adapters updated. Therefore, I’m able to reach the same file from both machines simultaneously. Today I got surprised… Using File Explorer on both machines I opened one of the folders with images of different...
  7. Black box on Windows 10 Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Black box on Windows 10 Desktop: Are you seeing a tiny black box on your desktop with no way of closing it? Have you accidentally expanded the tiny black box that appeared on your desktop and feeling it is covering a major portion of your desktop? Then, this is the guide for you to fix it. A small number of...
  8. transformable black box on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    transformable black box on my desktop: Ive been having a problem with this box on my desktop. Im aware that i had some viruses and ive tried to fix it. How do i get rid of this? Ive restarted and powered down but it doesnt seem to go away [ATTACH] * Moved from Virus & Malware...
  9. transformable black box on my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    transformable black box on my desktop: Ive been having a problem with this box on my desktop. Im aware that i had some viruses and ive tried to fix it. How do i get rid of this? Ive restarted and powered down but it doesnt seem to go away [ATTACH]...
  10. black transparent box on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    black transparent box on desktop: Hi ^^ , some people have black transparent box on desktop , and that the way i fix my problem 1-Open Geforce Experience 2-go to Settings > General 3-open IN-GAME OVERLAY 4-open Overlay settings 5-Go to HUD Layout > Set Position : OFF 6-Done *Party i Hope it help 172871