Windows 10: Mysterious Display registries

Discus and support Mysterious Display registries in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What are these registeries used for? Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\EnergyEstimation\Display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sauravyad500, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Mysterious Display registries

What are these registeries used for?

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\EnergyEstimation\Display[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayBacklightPowerFloor[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayBacklightPowerGradient[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayBacklightPowerQDenominator[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayBacklightPowerQNumerator[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayPanelPowerAreaFactor[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayPanelPowerDpiFactor[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayPanelPowerFloor[/COLOR]

[COLOR=rgba26, 26, 27, 1]DisplayPanelPowerVsyncDelta[/COLOR]

:)

Sauravyad500, Mar 28, 2021

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Display was not migrated

Hi,

I understand the above solution didnt work so as to next step in solving your issue I suggest you follow the below.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Display Adapter

Step 3:

Right-click on Adapters listed one by one and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Repeat step 3 to 5 for all listed adapters under Display Adapter

Step 7:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Mysterious Display registries

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Mysterious Display registries

1. Mysterious Display registries - Similar Threads - Mysterious Display registries

2. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  3. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  4. Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious Black Box Displayed on Desktop Upon Boot: Upon booting up I noticed a sneaky little resized box on my desktop. I've gone through my Task Manager, ended any suspect processes and that didn't seem to address the problem. I'm a little creeped out and wondering if anyone has had the same problem and how we can go about...
  5. "Display only on 1" in Registry

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    "Display only on 1" in Registry: Hello ! By default Windows 10 display is set to "Duplicate display" but I would like it's set to "Display only on 1" at startup. Does anyone know the key corresponding in Registry? 172681
  6. "Display only on 1" in Registry

in Windows 10 Support
    "Display only on 1" in Registry: Hello ! By default Windows 10 display is set to "Duplicate display" but I would like it's set to "Display only on 1" at startup. Does anyone know the key corresponding in Registry? 172681
  7. Mysterious Registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious Registry: Greetengs everybody and happy holidays. Could you please explain to me purpose of this Registry Values Windows 10, I couldn't find anything about it on the web: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\EnergyEstimation\Display...
  8. "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious: I got tired of seeing an old version of Adobe Audition in my "Open With" menu for .wav files, so I tried to go to the registry to delete it. But the registry entries are really weird. Here is a screenshot of the Open With menu overlaid with regedit showing the relevant keys...
  9. Display option registry default values

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display option registry default values: after the new may update the option for different brightness when plugged in has been removed... so i was tweaking my registry for a fix... turns out nothing worked... so i want to know the default settings of the Dword attribute of this key... KEY:...
  10. A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly

in Windows 10 Support
    A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly: I have imported hundreds of reg files into every windows build since 95, now I run into another W10 mystery. I have a complete export of the key REPETIER. When I import it some REG_SZ entries do not import. This is an unmodified export of a sub-key under Repetier. reg...