Windows 10: Mysterious error, using the Autostart function

Discus and support Mysterious error, using the Autostart function in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an error that I can't understand: "System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Per Söderberg, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Mysterious error, using the Autostart function

Hello,

I have an error that I can't understand:

"System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Binary stream '0' does not contain a valid BinaryHeader. Possible causes are invalid stream or object version change between serialization and deserialization."

I have made an application in VB.NET on Visual Studio 2017 that runs on a device with Windows 10 IoT operating system. The application works great when I start it in a normal way. However, it is necessary to start when the device is powered. And accordingly I put a shortcut in "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" to the exe-file.

This is also working fine, until we test the device for crashes.

The application uses serialization and I make a file like this:

StringFile = "C:\Users\Public\data.stn"

Dim f As New FileStream(StringFile, IO.FileMode.Create)
    Dim fo As New Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter
    Try
    fo.Serialize(f, variable)

more data....

f.Close()
    Catch ex As Exception
    EventLog("Exception when saving file data.stn." & ex.ToString)
    End Try

when I run the application ands close the application I can see that the file is there and data is written in the file. The application also reads the file by using deserialization. And then when I turn of the device the autorun starts up but gives the error as above, and when I check the file data.stn its surprisingly empty...

Typically it works the first time the device is restarted but when it is run again it throws the exception. Actually it seems not depend on if the application is terminated correctly or when I turn it of while the application is running. The error message is displayed.

Is there any help to get to understand why the file is empty? I suppose the error is simply explaining that it reads nothing?

Much appreciate to get help with this!

Best Regards,

Per

:)

Per Söderberg, Oct 16, 2019

2. E52 Autostart Applications

Hi,

I installed fring on E52 and everytime i restart the phone, the fring
    application tries to start up and connect to internet, how do i find out the list of autostart programs and services and how to disable their autostart feature?

Thanks,

ham33d---01, Oct 16, 2019
  3. HWCW2014 Win User
    After restart Outlook autostarts

Hi,

When I 'Restart or Power up' my Laptop (latest W10 build) Outlook 2010 autostarts.

As I don't want it to occur, I went into the Settings menu to disable the autostart. A number of Apps are listed but not Outlook, hence I can't disable it.

Are there any other methods?

Thank you.

HWCW2014, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Adalwar Win User

Mysterious error, using the Autostart function

Mystery Phone Listing on Network

Since I got a new Router I also have that mysterious Phones listing on Network.
    I disabled the UPnP Function on Router and seems problem is gone.

Adalwar, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Mysterious error, using the Autostart function

1. Mysterious error, using the Autostart function - Similar Threads - Mysterious error using

2. KJControl in autostart function seen in task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KJControl in autostart function seen in task manager: xHello, lately I've been struggling with some problems with my computer like 100% disc usage with no app or process shown only that "System" is using most of it. My windows defender won't open because there is an error saying "Your IT administrator has limited access" and...
  3. KJControl in autostart function seen in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KJControl in autostart function seen in task manager: xHello, lately I've been struggling with some problems with my computer like 100% disc usage with no app or process shown only that "System" is using most of it. My windows defender won't open because there is an error saying "Your IT administrator has limited access" and...
  4. OneDrive no Autostart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive no Autostart: Hi all,Do not have a tickbox to start OneDrive automatically every boot in the settings see below:The only trick which helped was to put manually OneDrive in the Registry find on topic 4 "4. TWEAK REGISTRY FILES": Top 5 Ways to Fix OneDrive Not Opening on Startup in Windows...
  5. What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?: While trying to solve another issue I found these weird key combinations with uncertain functions. BTW, my PC is DELL XPS 13 9310, Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.What are these keys? And is it documented somewhere? Are there more such functions?Key combinationScan codeTested...
  6. What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?: While trying to solve another issue I found these weird key combinations with uncertain functions. BTW, my PC is DELL XPS 13 9310, Windows 10 Pro Build 19044.What are these keys? And is it documented somewhere? Are there more such functions?Key combinationScan codeTested...
  7. What are these mysterious Fn+[key] functions?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Autostart apps

Autostart apps: How can I disable the word application automatically open when i turn on my machine? Sandra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-apps/dd1b2bcc-5d67-4109-abd4-e0fcdcb80459
  9. Autostart apps

Autostart apps: How can I disable the word application automatically open when i turn on my machine? Sandra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-apps/cb5e6abe-52e9-4cf1-9b7b-3768815e1833
  10. Mystery error message

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery error message: Hi, I hope there's a simple solution to this, but when I'm watching live-streaming media, the annoying spinning circle appears in the center of the video, & above it is the error message, "The quota has been exceeded" and directly below is a big "X". Last weekend, I had a...