Windows 10: Mysterious Folder In C drive

Discus and support Mysterious Folder In C drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is, what appears to be, a new folder in my C drive titled MFG, with a batch file called "anw" and an application called "exchange.exe" and I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nosimaj4, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Mysterious Folder In C drive

There is, what appears to be, a new folder in my C drive titled MFG, with a batch file called "anw" and an application called "exchange.exe" and I'm not sure if this is spyware, ransomware or some kind of virus, or if it's part of the windows operating system. If no programs pick it up as a virus, would it be viable to reinstall windows, and wipe only the C drive?

submitted by /u/nosimaj4
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nosimaj4, Mar 24, 2021

2. Mystery Folder: +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M (and 86,00+ Files on Drive CMysterious Folder In C drive :)

I have discovered a folder of which I have no knowledge on my C: drive, with the name of +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M. It contains about 86,000+ files of which again I have no knowledge. Some characteristics:
    • The folder exists simply standalone in Windows C:, not part of another folder.
    • The folder has a Date Created of 4/13/2020 at 9:00:58 p.m. The folder size is ~39 GB.
    • Have no idea of what may have transpired on that date and time.
    • Folder contains about 86,00 files: files show nothing under Date Modified.
    • About 80 or so of the files have a size of exactly 221,184KB. Most of the files just show a size of 1KB.
    • Malwarebytes scan shows no problems. Windows Defender shows no problems.
    • No results found from a Google search for +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M or any part of that name.
    • Disk Cleanup does not remove these files.
    I could go ahead and just delete them, but wanted to ask if anyone has any hints as to what they might be or from. Any help appreciated. Thanks.

My system specs are in my profile, Windows 10 Home Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778)

Folder Properties:

Mysterious Folder In C drive [​IMG]

Typical file names and sizes:

Mysterious Folder In C drive [​IMG]

retexan599, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Mysterious Folder In C drive

Mysterious c:\mount folder on my SSD

Does anyone know why this folder exists on my drive? I've only noticed that it's there because of my semi-regular virus scan, which doesn't seem to be able to scan the folder.

I didn't make the folder myself, but it seems to contain copies of system files (.dll, .cfg, .mui, etc.). I DID make a backup of my SSD on a sector of another hard drive a little while back. Could this have made the folder?

I guess I'm afraid that my PC has be compromised. A quick google search doesn't seem to be able to yield any results as to what this could be, so I'm hoping that someone out there has encountered this before.

Has anyone else seen a C:\Mount folder that they don't remember creating themselves?

MopeyMartian, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Mysterious Folder In C drive

1. Mysterious Folder In C drive - Similar Threads - Mysterious Folder drive

2. Mystery folder /drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery folder /drive: I went to create a restore point and seen this Folder/Drive. What is it and how do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-folder-drive/6291c511-c9bd-49fc-a9a2-6e4818b60be3
  3. Mystery folder /drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery folder /drive: I went to create a restore point and seen this Folder/Drive. What is it and how do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-folder-drive/6291c511-c9bd-49fc-a9a2-6e4818b60be3
  4. Mysterious C Drive Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious C Drive Errors: Hello!I have an Asus X571GT laptop. C drive is solid state and the D drive is the usual Hard Drive.Yesterday while using my computer, my laptop suddenly shut down. I booted it back up and I got the "Scanning and repairing C drive" followed by the "to skip scanning, press any...
  5. Mysterious C Drive Errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious C Drive Errors: Hello!I have an Asus X571GT laptop. C drive is solid state and the D drive is the usual Hard Drive.Yesterday while using my computer, my laptop suddenly shut down. I booted it back up and I got the "Scanning and repairing C drive" followed by the "to skip scanning, press any...
  6. Mysterious C Drive Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  8. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  9. 150+ mystery GB on my C drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    150+ mystery GB on my C drive: Hi, i know that others have had this issue too, and I read and followed advice to clear out my %temp% folder and deleted other temporary files and stuff, which saved me maybe like 5GB, which is great but it literally says I still have 189GB of stuff in my applications...
  10. Mystery Folder: +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M (and 86,00+ Files on Drive C:)

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Folder: +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M (and 86,00+ Files on Drive C:): I have discovered a folder of which I have no knowledge on my C: drive, with the name of +7DBVL-cAVobqw 6~M. It contains about 86,000+ files of which again I have no knowledge. Some characteristics: The folder exists simply standalone in Windows C:, not part of another...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MFG anw.bat