Windows 10: Mysterious folders in network.

Discus and support Mysterious folders in network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 2 new folders in the network in File explorer, Documents 2 and music 2. I can't find these folders in the C drive view. ? 29855 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fjk61011, Nov 13, 2015.

1. fjk61011 Win User

Mysterious folders in network.

I have 2 new folders in the network in File explorer, Documents 2 and music 2. I can't find these folders in the C drive view. ?

:)

fjk61011, Nov 13, 2015

2. Mysterious folders and NETWORK SERVICE ownership?

Hi,

Thank you for updating us. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the scan and let us know the result of the issue.

If the issue persists even after the scan. I suggest you to perform Disk cleanup and check if it helps.

Click on,
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

And follow the procedure.

Check if it helps.

Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 13, 2015
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Mysterious folders and NETWORK SERVICE ownership?

Do you delete everything that looks mysterious to you? Better to do research on the internet so you can understand what things are before messing up your computer. For example, the Network Service is an important part of the Windows operating system.

BulldogXX, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Right click on them and select Properties. Anything show in there that helps locate them?

Ztruker, Nov 14, 2015
  5. fjk61011 Win User
    Shows Description Documents2 (\\DESKTOP-R******)

Location \\DESKTOP-R******

size 0 bytes

fjk61011, Nov 14, 2015
  6. fjk61011 Win User
    I clean installed Build 10582 for a different reason and have the same mysterious folder in the network.

fjk61011, Nov 15, 2015
  7. fjk61011 Win User
    Problem solved. I set the location of Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos to my F drive. Some of those folders where left in the default location so I deleted them and the mysterious folders don't appear in the network tab.

fjk61011, Nov 15, 2015
  8. fjk61011 Win User

Problem not solved. The mystery folders are in OneDrive folder . They are labelled Important 1 and Important 2. They contain music and documents. It seems Build 10586.3 trawls the hard drives and adds folders containing documents , pictures etc. to the network.

Strange behaviour.

fjk61011, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mysterious folders in network. - Similar Threads - Mysterious folders network

2. network sharing mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network sharing mystery: I have a desktop PC network shared at home for nearly 20 years.I sometimes have network issues as many do but this new one is hard to fathom.I bought 2 identical brand new Lenovo laptops and installed virtually identical software on them. Win10 is truly identical. Being brand...
  3. network sharing mystery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network sharing mystery: I have a desktop PC network shared at home for nearly 20 years.I sometimes have network issues as many do but this new one is hard to fathom.I bought 2 identical brand new Lenovo laptops and installed virtually identical software on them. Win10 is truly identical. Being brand...
  4. network sharing mystery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Home Network Mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Home Network Mystery: Network Problem: Two PCs on my 5-PC home network are unable to access one particular PC. The other three PCs, including the “inaccessible” one, readily access each other. In other words, I have my intended two-way connectivity throughout except as stated above where I can...
  6. Home Network Mystery

Home Network Mystery: Network Problem: Two PCs on my 5-PC home network are unable to access one particular PC. The other three PCs, including the “inaccessible” one, readily access each other. In other words, I have my intended two-way connectivity throughout except as stated above where I can...
  7. Home Network Mystery

8. Mysterious Folder

Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  9. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  10. Mysterious Folder