Windows 10: Mysterious login screen flicker

Discus and support Mysterious login screen flicker in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have just noticed that during startup the text (time and date) started to flicker once for seemingly no reason on a laptop I have recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aquincum, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Mysterious login screen flicker

Hi, I have just noticed that during startup the text (time and date) started to flicker once for seemingly no reason on a laptop I have recently bought. The only thing I did is that I have disabled and removed onedrive which I did not not need and was also causing desktop icon flickering. What could be the reason? Drivers are up to date.

submitted by /u/Aquincum
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aquincum, Aug 23, 2020
  2. Darshan J Win User

Stuck at the login screen, flickering

Hi Jenny,

Provide us with the below information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of you computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code flashing when the screen turns black?

This issue could be caused due to the outdate drivers on your computer updating the drivers may fix the problem for you.

If would suggest you to try using another mouse and check if you are able to login, if the keyboard is functioning fine you can use Tab key to navigate to different options on login screen to enter your password to sign in to your computer.

Suggest you to refer below article's for more help on query.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Get back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Aug 23, 2020
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Aug 23, 2020
  4. RobKC Win User

Mysterious login screen flicker

Flickering login screen only

I did not try these last steps because the suggestion arrived as I was packing up to move.

However, I did discover the fix - to move. The problem completely went away by moving to a new house. This is not a coincidence, and I don't know how simply unplugging the computer would make the login flickering disappear, but the problem is gone.

RobKC, Aug 23, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious login screen flicker

1. Mysterious login screen flicker - Similar Threads - Mysterious login screen

2. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  3. White flickering screen after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White flickering screen after login: For a few days, I have been having issues with my pc HP Pavilion 570-p054 logging in both regular and safe mode. After logging in, the desktop screen is white with occasional flickers of black. I can't open settings or the start menu without the taskbar flashing. I have tried...
  4. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  5. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login: I built my pc and have been using it perfectly fine for over a week now but it suddenly started flickering on the login screen and not letting me log on at all. I can't type in my password and I can't even click the power button on screen. I've looked up any ways to fix this...
  6. Windows 10 screen flickering on login screen, can't login

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Grey screen flicker after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  8. Grey screen flicker after login

Grey screen flicker after login: Anyone have any advice? Should I clean install Windows? I’ve had problems before. I’m thinking it might just be my hardware. RAM? Nvme drive? Hard drive? Motherboard? I’m pretty lost at this point. Problem after problem.I noticed my chrome, epic games app, and battle.net all...
  9. Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Administrator Mysteriously Appeared on Login Screen: Can someone please tell me why an administrator suddenly started showing up on my login screen? I have always just had two users on my login screen. My normal user account and the administrator account, which I renamed. I know I can just remove it, but I need to know why it...
  10. Windows 10 Login Screen flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Login Screen flickering: Last two days facing the issue of login screen flickering with black color. I can't understand what's the exact problem, trying my own way but can't fixed. I have check that my windows and it's driver is up to date. Please help, how to fix that?[ATTACH]...