Windows 10: Mysterious near-crash

Discus and support Mysterious near-crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Upon restarting, my Win10 computer slowed to a near standstill, affecting such major programs as Firefox and Outlook. The data for one browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Odin99, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Odin99 Win User

Mysterious near-crash

Upon restarting, my Win10 computer slowed to a near standstill, affecting such major programs as Firefox and Outlook. The data for one browser extension and one program Phrase Express was completely gone. Ultimately everything returned to normal, as far as I could see, except the data for Phrase Express, which I've had to restore from a backup. What might have been going on?

:)

Odin99, Oct 23, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 23, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Mysterious near-crash

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

Thema:

Mysterious near-crash

1. Mysterious near-crash - Similar Threads - Mysterious near crash

2. Mystery crash with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery crash with no BSOD: Specs:CPU: Intel i9-10850KGPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070MB: Asrock z590 Phantom 4/ac BIOS v2.10 - using all default settingsMemory: 1x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4Storage: 2TB WD Blue SSD via SATA connectionRecently started experiencing crashes that are coming from ntkrnlmp.exe, as best...
  3. Mystery crash with no BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery crash with no BSOD: Specs:CPU: Intel i9-10850KGPU: NVIDIA RTX 4070MB: Asrock z590 Phantom 4/ac BIOS v2.10 - using all default settingsMemory: 1x16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4Storage: 2TB WD Blue SSD via SATA connectionRecently started experiencing crashes that are coming from ntkrnlmp.exe, as best...
  4. Mysterious Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Crashes: Hi, over the last year or so my computer has been relentlessly crashing. I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix it. When I play games, the computer runs fine. Doing any other task, it crashes. Sometimes it crashes 5+ times a day. Sometimes it can go the entire...
  5. Mysterious Crashes

Mysterious Crashes: Hi, over the last year or so my computer has been relentlessly crashing. I have tried everything I can think of to try to fix it. When I play games, the computer runs fine. Doing any other task, it crashes. Sometimes it crashes 5+ times a day. Sometimes it can go the entire...
  6. Trying to diagnose mysterious crashing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to diagnose mysterious crashing: I had to do a clean install last month, and I've been having mysterious crashes/reboots since—never when I'm in front on the machine, of course..dmp and .nfo files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hakY1DU2BncS9O4FFzsqu0AHCBCFHK2d/view?usp=sharing...
  7. Trying to diagnose mysterious crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to diagnose mysterious crashing: I had to do a clean install last month, and I've been having mysterious crashes/reboots since—never when I'm in front on the machine, of course..dmp and .nfo files can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hakY1DU2BncS9O4FFzsqu0AHCBCFHK2d/view?usp=sharing...
  8. Trying to diagnose mysterious crashing

9. Mysterious Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mysterious Crashing: Hello, So for a while now my computer will crash when I'm not around. I almost never see it crash, I can be playing games for hours and its fine but over night or if I'm gone for a while it will have crashed and re booted. I have linked the mini-dump and msinfo file....
  10. Mystery COM Surrogate crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery COM Surrogate crashes: Does anyone at all have any good suggestions on troubleshooting these? I seem to be getting these at random times, with no rhyme or reason. The faulting module is quite often, but not always mso20win32client.dll, but I've seen mso30win32client.dll once, or none indicated...