Windows 10: Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running"

Discus and support Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the last 2 or 3 days I've occasionally been seeing a pop-up that says something like "You already have one instance running". No clue as to what's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lady18wheels, May 25, 2016.

1. Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running"

In the last 2 or 3 days I've occasionally been seeing a pop-up that says something like "You already have one instance running". No clue as to what's causing it. Sometimes they come two at a time. It's a little scary.

Any ideas what could be causing these little pop-ups?

Thanks for your time Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running" :)

:)

Lady18wheels, May 25, 2016
  2. tomtom32 Win User

zip script is already running.

When I open Windows 10 a box pops up that says "an instance of zip script is already running". This had never happened until 3-4 days ago. Any suggestions?

tomtom32, May 25, 2016
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, May 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running"

Hi, you might be able to identify the source is they are generated by a program by running e.g. Winspy++

Free- drag the target symbol over the popup message and click Winspy++ 's Process tab - see if you can find anything about what started it. There are other programs that do similar things- you may have to try more than one to get useful info.

You can also try using a clean boot analysis. If after a clean boot you do not get these popups, yuo should be able to determie the source by a process of progressively enabling startups.
    Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums

If after having done a clean boot, you still get the popups, they could be due to some scheduled task. If so, they would be at a regular time or time interval. How regular that might appear to be could depend on how many triggers were set.

dalchina, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running"

1. Mysterious Pop-up "You already have one instance running" - Similar Threads - Mysterious Pop already

2. C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running: Hello, Whenever i boot my laptop This Thing called C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXE pops up and it took me some time to see what it said but it said an instance of the service is already running can someone help?...
  3. C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXEan instance of the service is already running: Hello, Whenever i boot my laptop This Thing called C:\WINDOWS\System32\sc.EXE pops up and it took me some time to see what it said but it said an instance of the service is already running can someone help?...
  4. Why are multiple instances of Windows popping up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are multiple instances of Windows popping up?: We had an employee go through some old personal drives on a work computer and ever since he did that it's asked us to choose between 5 different Windows 10 instances every time the computer booted up. I stopped it from asking us every time by going into "This PC > advanced...
  5. Why are multiple instances of Windows popping up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are multiple instances of Windows popping up?: We had an employee go through some old personal drives on a work computer and ever since he did that it's asked us to choose between 5 different Windows 10 instances every time the computer booted up. I stopped it from asking us every time by going into "This PC > advanced...
  6. Why are multiple instances of Windows popping up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Greenshot capture app -- An instance of Greenshot is already running: I downloaded this open source capture app, Greenshot. It never fully installed. I can't open it, nor remove it. I constantly receive the message 'an instance of Greenshot is already running' Any suggestions. Thanks, Allan...
  8. Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why?

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox is already running - intermittent pop-up - why?: Hi all - On many systems that I have seen running the last few revs of Firefox, I see this pop-up intermittently while starting the browser from a blank desktop: [img] Any ideas why and how to correct? TIA! *Think 151992
  9. Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Running Only One Instance of Opened File in Notepad: I need to know how to configure system settings or the registry so that Notepad may not start another instance of a text file when it is already opened, in order to prevent confusion when I accidentally open the same file, make changes to it, and save it while another...
  10. mystery pop up window on every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    mystery pop up window on every startup: Get this window, wonder if anyone knows what it might be I moved the TMP & TEMP folders t a different HDD, but not sure if this the issue [img] 75050

Users found this page by searching for:

1. already have one instance running windows message

2. A toolbar is already hidden on this side of your screen.You can have only one auto-hide toolbar per side

3. Already has one instance running windows 10