Windows 10: Mysterious process on bootup

Discus and support Mysterious process on bootup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I start computer and this text appears. And Win 10 Pro wont load, nothing happens. [img] What is it? Is it dangerous? 47880 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cyree, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Cyree Win User

Mysterious process on bootup

I start computer and this text appears. And Win 10 Pro wont load, nothing happens.
    Mysterious process on bootup [​IMG]

What is it? Is it dangerous?

:)

Cyree, Apr 19, 2016
  2. aadilh1 Win User

Mysterious process autostart after I switch on my Nokia C6-00

Yes, I found out through the connections manager it was messaging, although all of it was closed it was still connecting.

Also I'm actually using the N8. Although i set the widgets to off-line mode I believe that the email widget keeps connected all the time as default setting is to auto retrieve email everyday all day pretty much. I had previously disable auto down but reinstalled
    cause the reset.

I've disabled all days for auto retrieval & hopefully the service won't be trying to auto connect, Thanks for the input.

aadilh1, Apr 19, 2016
  3. Mysterious process autostart after I switch on my Nokia C6-00

sounds like Nokia messaging, and it is a built in function...

seriously doubt its malware ....C6 runs Symbian after all

JudaZ---01, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you tell us the story of how you got to this point please?

For example:
    I'd just reset Windows 10 and...
    or
    I'm reinstalling Windows 10 and..
    or
    I don't know what happened, Windows 10 was working normally and suddenly...
    or
    I'm upgrading from Windows x and when I.....
    or
    ........... your story about what you or your PC was doing...

It really helps to know if Win 10 was working fine and then xxx happened and now it's not, for example.

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    How to remove virus (Removal Guide)

There.. it's not good and that's how to remove it.. it's likely a virus you picked up.
    I think the last option, starting you PC in safe mode will do the trick.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Watchdog is also part of AVG, it may not necessarily be the malware listed previously.

OP. is AVG antivirus on the system?

RWOne, Apr 19, 2016
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    If 10 will not load.. it's a virus.

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2016
  8. Mysterious process on bootup

WATCH DOG its a game you must of install it and it becomes a violation that you can turn off from the power option fast start remove the check and restart and you should be ok let me know

gijoetech1, Apr 19, 2016
  9. BunnyJ New Member
    That's has nothing to do with the issue he's having

BunnyJ, Apr 19, 2016
  10. essenbe Win User
    If you have AVG try uninstalling AVG Web Tuneup and see if that resolves the problem.

essenbe, Apr 19, 2016
  11. Cyree Win User
    Yes I have AVG

Cyree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mysterious process on bootup - Similar Threads - Mysterious process bootup

2. Bootup problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootup problems: I boot up my pc, it shows the windows logo and the dots spinning, then after like 10 seconds my screen turns completely black. I tried to solve this with multiple youtube video tutorials but it doesn't work. I need help....
  3. Windows.old Bootup

Windows.old Bootup: I’m having trouble because windows has 2 scanned installations and it won’t start up. At first it was just a boot issue with the boot files missing but it’s telling me there’s 2 total installations which got me confused on where my files are. I don’t know how to approach this...
  4. The mysterious "ad_msg_wnd" process on W10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The mysterious "ad_msg_wnd" process on W10: So, i just changed to a new ssd and i did a clean install of Windows 10 20H2 version on my notebook, but i found something quite weird. When i press to restart of shutdown Windows, i see that this process called "ad_msg_wnd" is being marked to close before...
  5. BSOD on bootup

BSOD on bootup: Hey, i get BSOD on bootup. I cant do anything. I have tried every solution. I have heard about resetting pc with USB, if so. How do i do that. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-bootup/9afc0361-db50-42de-8e6b-43ee89203042
  6. Slower Bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slower Bootup: Hello, I've recently updated to Windows 1909 to fix a few problems with my drivers and component store. However, there's something that I've noticed after I updated to 1909. My start up seems to have slowed down. When I was on 1809, my boot up was about 20 seconds (ASUS Logo...
  7. mysterious process in task manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    mysterious process in task manager: i havent had any luck looking on the internet for this is, it persisted after a clean reset of my computer please help[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysterious-process-in-task-manager/83ec817e-8d7b-412c-bbd4-2eac058c93b1"
  8. Bootup Problem

Bootup Problem: I have a Windows 10 computer for work. Every 5 or 6 times when I boot up my device in the morning the following happens -- I get to the point where I am to enter my login credentials. After I enter my login credentials, instead of completing the login I get this error screen...
  9. Initial Bootup

Initial Bootup: Don't ask me why cause I'm clueless about this. Running 1809. Been running since it wanted to install on October 4th 2018. Plenty of disk space like 900gb on my C drive. But all of a sudden I mean whith the last week my computer will boot to the bios. I seriously think the...
  10. Bootup Problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bootup Problems: How can I disable need for password on bootup? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/bootup-problems/d5c0988c-c95a-473a-96bc-e56dfa79c0cd"