Windows 10: Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

Discus and support Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by reeeeeeeee189, Feb 4, 2023.

1. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are doing something malicious.It claims to be an AI powered music visualization app, but when i downloaded it, it *barely* works, and makes the whole computer run extremely slow.Furthurmore, since installing i've seen this weird app {60B51489-84A3-4CE0-8F75-EA338AFF48F1}.exe it runs at startup and uses about 800mb of ram and also seems to break my ram detection in task manager? Though im not sure about the last one, but i dont remember it saying 31.9 he

:)

reeeeeeeee189, Feb 4, 2023
  2. FTWitachi Win User

Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why-
    Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated.
    Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located
    Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found
    Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings
    Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps
    Step 6- Doesn't work.

Thanks for trying

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, Feb 4, 2023
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 4, 2023
  4. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating.

I don't see this program in my list of programs, from either the Control Panel "programs" applet, nor from IOBit Uninstaller. I don't find it in the startup programs, nor do I see it buried in Task Scheduler. Ditto for services.msc unless it's named something I'm not noticing.

Other programs that I do recognize behave similarly: sporadic "program can be updated" warnings yet no sign of them in the startup items , the task scheduler, or the services..

What am I overlooking?: How else can something be auto-initiated? These are x64 Win10 pro machines.

Art

ArtShapiro, Feb 4, 2023
Thema:

Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

1. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious... - Similar Threads - Mysterious program running

2. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...: Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are doing something malicious.It claims to be an AI powered music visualization app, but when i downloaded it, it *barely* works, and...
  3. Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious program running on startup, using 800mb of ram, gets caught doing malicious...: Hello guys,I was wondering if anyone could help me... so recently i stumbled across this music visualizer program called SYQEL, i suspect they are doing something malicious.It claims to be an AI powered music visualization app, but when i downloaded it, it *barely* works, and...
  4. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  5. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

Mysterious Update in Startup Programs: I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called SqurrielSetup and that is it. Any idea what this is?...
  6. Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious

Questionable Startup Program not sure if its malicious: Hello, I found a weird application after going to task manager and looking at startup. Its called "Program" and its by a unidentified publisher. The command line is also odd for it because its "C:\Program" Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe While others have this:...
  7. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  8. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mysterious-update-file-in-startup-programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130 I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was...
  9. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher, the generic .exe icon, and I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected? Until i'm sure, I don't...
  10. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...