Windows 10: Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar

Discus and support Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, there were a few icons in the system tray of the taskbar that I could not open -- specifically, wifi, sound, date/calendar and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChristopherSpicer, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar

A few weeks ago, there were a few icons in the system tray of the taskbar that I could not open -- specifically, wifi, sound, date/calendar and notification action centre. It was driving me nuts as I went to many computer tech forums and all over social media trying to find a whay to fix it. Nobody had any viable solutions.

Then one day, my son was playing a video game on the computer and after he was done who knows what other fiddling, I could suddenly open icons in the system tray. Hallelujah all was right with the universe. But it got me thinking it must have been a quick key that resolved the issue, but since it was fixed, I didn't worry about it.

My son was using my laptop again yesterday while I worked on the desktop. I am using the laptop today and suddenly, those same icons can't be opened again. I can't open the notification action centre at all while the others I can access in other areas other than those specific icons like last time.

I am positive it has to be a quick key on this laptop that has triggered this annoying issue. But I have spent an hour online and found nothing about it.

Has anyone ever had this issue or heard of it before? Any idea of what a possible quick key combo to fix it? I've tried various combos with F9 since I know the Fn+F9 freezes the mouse another useless quick key and so I felt it may be something similar. I am trying all kinds of combos and so far nothing.

Any help would be amazing. Thank you in advance.

:)

ChristopherSpicer, Sep 20, 2020

2. How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 20, 2020
  4. ethel Win User

Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar

Mystery Icon In System Tray

Hi Dalchina, Could the icon be one of the new Windows 10 icons, it looks a bit like the new feedback icon.*Smile

Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar [​IMG]

ethel, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar

1. Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar - Similar Threads - Mysterious Quick Key

2. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  3. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some icons in system tray are not working: Some icons in system tray are not working. When you click them the app or function will respond and close only. If you toggle the on WIFI for sample, it will on then immediately turns off. Same goes when you click on the battery icon it will show you its window then...
  4. Some icons in system tray are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. taskbar, make system icons larger?

in Windows 10 Support
    taskbar, make system icons larger?: how do i make icons on the right side larger same as in left side? 180822
  6. Mystery Icon In System Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon In System Tray: Does anyone know what the icon circled in red is? It shows up on all users when they log in. I'm not sure when it first appeared. No description pops up when scrolling over it. Left or right click just gives the option to exit. [img] I'm running Windows 10 Pro v 1909...
  7. Need some help regarding system tray and taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help regarding system tray and taskbar: So I run two monitors and I would like to be able to see the system tray bar on both screens. From what I've read, that is not possible. Then I would like to at least be able to move my system tray to my second screen, while keeping it as my second screen. I know I could...
  8. Mystery tray icon...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery tray icon...: I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it? 120720
  9. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  10. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...