Windows 10: Mysterious Registry

Discus and support Mysterious Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetengs everybody and happy holidays. Could you please explain to me purpose of this Registry Values Windows 10, I couldn't find anything about it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JJFAmerica, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Mysterious Registry

Greetengs everybody and happy holidays.

Could you please explain to me purpose of this Registry Values Windows 10, I couldn't find anything about it on the web:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\EnergyEstimation\Display

DisplayBacklightPowerFloor

DisplayBacklightPowerGradient

DisplayBacklightPowerQDenominator

DisplayBacklightPowerQNumerator

DisplayPanelPowerAreaFactor

DisplayPanelPowerDpiFactor

DisplayPanelPowerFloor

DisplayPanelPowerVsyncDelta

I can't figure out what it does, could be display power control or backlight, please help.

:)

JJFAmerica, Dec 17, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Dec 17, 2020
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Mysterious Registry

"Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious

I have no interest in editing what that page is talking about (the top-level context menu items). The term "Open With" is not even mentioned, and registry entries it talks about are in a completely different area of the registry.

I already know where in the registry the Open With lists are for all the file extensions. My problem is that they don't match what the menu is showing, and I want to know why.

OsakaWebbie, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious Registry

1. Mysterious Registry - Similar Threads - Mysterious Registry

2. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...: Environment: Windows 10 Home x64, 22H2 19045.4291.Yesterday evening I returned to my PC to find a low disk-space notification for my C: drive. It's a paltry 32GB total, and what had been about 3.5GB free earlier in the day had dropped to ~670MB. After the usual expedients...
  3. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...: Environment: Windows 10 Home x64, 22H2 19045.4291.Yesterday evening I returned to my PC to find a low disk-space notification for my C: drive. It's a paltry 32GB total, and what had been about 3.5GB free earlier in the day had dropped to ~670MB. After the usual expedients...
  4. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  6. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  7. Mysterious error after messing up the registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious error after messing up the registry: One day, I caught myself in a "curiosity killed the cat" situation when I modified a registry key that controls ifS mode is enabled. The key is named, "VerifiableAndReputableTrustModeState" something like that, thatis located in the "Cl/Control" areas of the registry. This...
  8. Mysterious Display registries

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious Display registries: What are these registeries used for? Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\EnergyEstimation\Display DisplayBacklightPowerFloor DisplayBacklightPowerGradient DisplayBacklightPowerQDenominator DisplayBacklightPowerQNumerator...
  9. "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Open With" menu - registry entries mysterious: I got tired of seeing an old version of Adobe Audition in my "Open With" menu for .wav files, so I tried to go to the registry to delete it. But the registry entries are really weird. Here is a screenshot of the Open With menu overlaid with regedit showing the relevant keys...
  10. A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly

in Windows 10 Support
    A REGISTRY mystery - reg file doesn't import properly: I have imported hundreds of reg files into every windows build since 95, now I run into another W10 mystery. I have a complete export of the key REPETIER. When I import it some REG_SZ entries do not import. This is an unmodified export of a sub-key under Repetier. reg...