Windows 10: Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

Discus and support Mysterious Shortcut Behavior in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use the free version of EssentialPIM, which has a series of assigned keyboard shortcuts, of which I use only Ctrl+Shft+S and Ctrl-Shft-T. A while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Not Myself, May 5, 2021.

1. Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

I use the free version of EssentialPIM, which has a series of assigned keyboard shortcuts, of which I use only Ctrl+Shft+S and Ctrl-Shft-T. A while ago, needing to see the calendar, I used Ctrl-Shft-S, which as has been true for quite some time, brought up the calendar. When I was done, I again pressed the shortcut, but nothing happened. The icon for the open program was on the task bar, so I tried it, which did nothing; therefore, used the icon to close the program, which I then reopened. When I did that, it stated that my two shortcuts, plus a few others, could not be registered as they were in use by other programs. I tried Ctrl-Shft-S, which did not work, but despite the error message, I found that Ctrl-Shft-T brought up the module for creating a new task, as it should. I closed the programs that were open on the task bar, which did not allow Ctrl-Shft-S to work, so I rebooted. As EssentialPIM loads upon reboot, I again tried Ctrl-Shft-S, which brought up the D:\Pictures folder instead of the calendar. Wondering how to change that, I did a search, which turned up more than one set of quite wrong instructions, so came here, did a search, found the tutorial. I don't know why I again tried the calendar shortcut before even reading the tutorial, and to my perplexity was confronted by the calendar, which has continued to work for at least three or more tries to open and close the calendar. Any idea as to what might have caused this mysterious behavior? I certainly don't get the picture....

:)

Not Myself, May 5, 2021
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Mysterious Shortcut Behavior :)

terrace, May 5, 2021
  3. How to pin app shortcut to desk top?

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow below steps to change pin the apps on the desktop screen and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the below steps to add the apps on desktop.

• Click on the “Start button” and locate the App that you want to pin to Desktop.
    • Right click on the “App” and click on “More options”.
    • Then click on “Open File location” and right click on the app, click on “Send to” option.
    • Then select “Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
    • Go to “Desktop” and check whether the app is located or not.

Or Step 2: To add shortcuts to the desktop

• Press and hold or right-click the desktop, tap or click New, and then tap or click Shortcut.
    • Enter the location of the item or tap or click Browse to find the item in File Explorer.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 5, 2021
  4. NogtTL Win User

Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

1. Mysterious Shortcut Behavior - Similar Threads - Mysterious Shortcut Behavior

2. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  3. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  4. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior

Pinning a shortcut to the Start menu - Strange Behavior: Windows 11 with all current updatesI created a shortcut on the desktop that runs a Cygwin-X server. The shortcut target is: C:\cygwin64\bin\run.exe --quote /usr/bin/xlaunch.exe -run /home/jim/.xlaunch/jhg.xlaunchDouble-clicking this shortcut has the intended effect, starting...
  6. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  7. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  8. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts Mysteriously Stop Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard Shortcuts Mysteriously Stop Working: Ctrl + f and ctrl + d sometimes mysteriously stop working for me (I notice this in Edge/Google Docs). I have no idea what triggers this. At this point restarting the machine solves the problem, but it's bound to come back. Any ideas? submitted by /u/daygot [link]...
  10. Windows key+P shortcut behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key+P shortcut behavior: Hello, I recently upgraded to 10 from 7 and the behavior of this shortcut has changed. I use it to switch my second monitor on and off. In 7, after I used the shortcut, the window that pops up asking whether I want to duplicate the screen, extend it, etc. immediately...