Windows 10: Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle

Discus and support Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently added a USB Geek Out HD sound dongle, and disabled the onboard sound chip previously used. I'm now hearing new sounds --- light whirring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryEMorton, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle

I recently added a USB Geek Out HD sound dongle, and disabled the onboard sound chip previously used. I'm now hearing new sounds --- light whirring sounds --- whenever there is disk activity, or when moving a scroll bar in the Chrome browser. These are not mechanical sounds; if the speakers are off, no sound can be heard when the disk is active, even with ear right next to it. They are being generated electronically and sent through the audio system.

Is this a "feature" I can turn off, or is it some sort of crosstalk from other data channels producing noise in the audio system?

It is annoying and I'd like to get rid of it. These sounds are not listed in the Windows default sound scheme, which I use.

Suggestions? Thanks!

:)

GaryEMorton, Oct 1, 2019

2. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle

usb Dongle not working#!!!

Hi Anzarul,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error you get when you connect the USB dongle?

Run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting in search box and open it.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue still persist, I would suggest you to reinstall the USB drivers and check if it helps.

• Press
      Windows Key + X,
      and select Device Manager

• Expand the
      Universal Serial Bus Controllers section by clicking on the
      "+"
      sign.

• Uninstall each of the devices under the
      USB Controller section by right-clicking on each one, and then clicking
      Uninstall.

• Close the
      Device Manager and restart your computer. Windows will automatically re-install the USB controllers in your computer, without you having to do anything further. Your computer will now run USB devices properly.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle

1. Mysterious sounds with new USB audio dongle - Similar Threads - Mysterious sounds USB

2. 3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3.5mm audio sounds muffled but usb audio sounds fine?: I recently bought a Astro A40 TR headset 3.5mm Audio Jack to replace my HyperX Cloud II USB Audio headset. When I plug the 3.5mm jack in to any jack on my pc, be it my motherboard or my actual case it sounds muffled and muddy like it has too much bass. When I plug my USB...
  3. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  4. USB dongle not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB dongle not functioning: i have a usb dongle but i'm not sure if it is bluetooth or for wifi. Whenever i plug it in my laptop does not respond to it as far as i know. Apparently the bluetooth symbol is supposed to appear on the taskbar when the usb dongle is inserted but that doesn't work for me....
  5. USB dongle not functioning

6. USB Dongle Malfunctioning

USB Dongle Malfunctioning: Hi, I have a Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard bundle 2000. When I plug it into the computer, it gives me this message: USB Device not recognized. What can I do it fix this?...
  7. Mysterious sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious sound: I have disabled nearly all my Windows system sounds. I hear a brief sound that does not reflect any condition for which a sound is enabled, either in Windows or in Outlook, and I'm not aware of such sounds originating with my Firefox browser which I've used for many years...
  8. Mysterious USB

Mysterious USB: I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be...
  9. Mysterious USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious USB: I am running Windows10 and using a WD Elements unit for backup purposes Macrium Reflect. I made some adjustments which went wrong but have now been corrected but I have finished up with two sets of USB Drives, please see the attached. I have been informed that they cannot be...
  10. Mysterious notification sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notification sound: Hello. Since this afternoon, I'm having the System notify sound of Windows, with no reason. Notification center is empty. Where can I see what is happening? It's the sound at 2:55 in this video, called "Windows Notify System Generic" K5ARPC-FTHo 88524