Windows 10: mysterious turn on

Discus and support mysterious turn on in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I turn off my PC at night, but occasionally find that it is on in the morning. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ns26u, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ns26u Win User

mysterious turn on

I turn off my PC at night, but occasionally find that it is on in the morning. Why?

:)

ns26u, Feb 26, 2021
  2. justchris Win User

Memory Leak mystery

Thanks much for the suggestions. I'm staying with her through all of August, so I'm hoping that's enough time to get things squared away.

I'm going through the steps you laid out. I also ordered another stick of RAM to see if that will improve things at all. Will let you know when I get through with everything how it turned out.

justchris, Feb 26, 2021
  3. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Feb 26, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

mysterious turn on

cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

mysterious turn on

1. mysterious turn on - Similar Threads - mysterious turn

2. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....: 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an...
  3. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....: 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an...
  4. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  5. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...
  6. Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData

Mysterious NSUInstaller folder in Local folder in AppData: hello I found this strange folder in \AppData\Local folder and I am asking if it is safe or not it includes these 2 files and I scanned them with Malwarebytes but it didn't detect any malware, is it ok to delete these?...
  7. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously: Hi there,I'm using Windows 10 in a work domain, and I have a few folder shortcuts on my desktop. Some of them are shortcuts to folders on my C drive and some are shortcuts to network folders. I've noticed that the normal blue arrow badge that indicates a folder is a shortcut...
  8. Badges on folder shortcuts change or disappear mysteriously

9. All past security updates been mysteriously wiped from my history except the failing KB5034441

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All past security updates been mysteriously wiped from my history except the failing KB5034441: Could someone please explain to me what just happened? After restarting my laptop today, all history of previous security updates of mine has been removed from the update history. The ongoing failing 4441 update, however, is still affecting me, and only cumulative updates...
  10. Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 turns off mysteriously when performing specific actions: I installed Windows 10 pro x64 on my computer, and started it, launched Microsoft Store, searched for a while and then my screen (LG flatron) went black then showed "power saving mode" then turned off, my pc fans kept running but nothing else, I thought it was something about...