Windows 10: Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Discus and support Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pedro Saratscheff, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130

I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was previously being executed on startup I manually deleted an app and after restarting the computer it showed up like this in the Startup entries.

My question is about getting rid of this entries yes, I actually have two.

I can't click on find file location since I deleted it, it makes sense nor click on properties. There doesn't seem to exist any alternative to just delete the entry, only disable them. But I don't want to get a collection of these in my startup entries.

Any ideas?

:)

Pedro Saratscheff, Feb 7, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating.

I don't see this program in my list of programs, from either the Control Panel "programs" applet, nor from IOBit Uninstaller. I don't find it in the startup programs, nor do I see it buried in Task Scheduler. Ditto for services.msc unless it's named something I'm not noticing.

Other programs that I do recognize behave similarly: sporadic "program can be updated" warnings yet no sign of them in the startup items , the task scheduler, or the services..

What am I overlooking?: How else can something be auto-initiated? These are x64 Win10 pro machines.

Art

ArtShapiro, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

1. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs? - Similar Threads - Mysterious Update file

2. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  3. Mystery file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mystery file: 1c7b1472-9b59-4652-9dde-f1dc675649cc Find in WER/temp folder but # changes after reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-file/731f8936-7e73-4c24-8a82-688e024eb67b
  4. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

Mysterious Update in Startup Programs: I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called SqurrielSetup and that is it. Any idea what this is?...
  5. Mysterious Laptop programming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Laptop programming: Hello I had issues I paid and 365Microsof office but i don't get use it properly These listing not work following listing : 1. Outlook 2 Operating system being writen off an other program 3 There were many un app around my website 4 My gmail account...
  6. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  7. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher, the generic .exe icon, and I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected? Until i'm sure, I don't...
  8. Mystery Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mystery Update.: Hello, can someone please advise what this update is, searching Google produces no results? Thank you, . : see attachment [img] 91954
  9. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  10. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Folder in Program Files: I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware? 23506