Windows 10: Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

Discus and support Mysterious Update in Startup Programs in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by cwrteddy88, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called SqurrielSetup and that is it. Any idea what this is?

:)

cwrteddy88, Sep 2, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was previously being executed on startup (I manually deleted an app and after restarting the computer it showed up like this in the Startup entries).

My question is about getting rid of this entries (yes, I actually have two).

I can't click on find file location (since I deleted it, it makes sense) nor click on properties. There doesn't seem to exist any alternative to just delete the entry, only disable them. But I don't want to get a collection of these in my startup entries.

Any ideas?

Pedro Saratscheff, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

1. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs - Similar Threads - Mysterious Update Startup

2. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  3. Mysterious Laptop programming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Laptop programming: Hello I had issues I paid and 365Microsof office but i don't get use it properly These listing not work following listing : 1. Outlook 2 Operating system being writen off an other program 3 There were many un app around my website 4 My gmail account...
  4. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  5. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: This is a follow up question to the one posted a few months ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/mysterious-update-file-in-startup-programs/a1c13bd9-d05f-4c23-abb4-efb927d3d130 I actually discovered this entry shows up when you delete an app that was...
  6. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher, the generic .exe icon, and I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected? Until i'm sure, I don't...
  7. Mystery Update.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mystery Update.: Hello, can someone please advise what this update is, searching Google produces no results? Thank you, . : see attachment [img] 91954
  8. Mysterious Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mysterious Update: Hello. A few hours ago, when I shut off my pc, I had the screen "Preparing to configure Windows. Do not turn off your computer." And it took about 20 mins. I thought it was an update, but Update Chronology says last update was on 15 March, so 2 days ago.What happened? 79589
  9. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  10. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Folder in Program Files: I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware? 23506