Windows 10: Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified

Discus and support Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've noticed recently that strange user accounts and document folders were being created/modified on my C: drive. I've scanned them with everything I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hank Arnold, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified

I've noticed recently that strange user accounts and document folders were being created/modified on my C: drive. I've scanned them with everything I can think of and they come clean. If I delete them, new copies get created. I'm posting screen shots of the user account contents as well as the current documents folders. I'd appreciate any ideas as to what this might be and what actions I should take. TIA

Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified 7d0bf501-3de2-4ed4-9dde-443399202366?upload=true.jpg

Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified 823b3c4b-5726-4a2f-b6b5-bdebfdff0292?upload=true.jpg

Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified 438264ab-6647-41e3-94f0-b12f197a10c6?upload=true.jpg

Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified c748a065-3de5-4497-97ec-80796abb0055?upload=true.jpg

:)

Hank Arnold, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Illogical date modified updating

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the modified date is just as important as the created date within the metadata of a given file. We will look into this for you.
    However, in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the build of Windows 10 running on your system?
    2. Was there any major change or an update on your system prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Is the issue only with the pictures taken from the camera or the other pictures and files within the system as well?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Method 1: Enable the Date Modified Column in the File Explorer.

To enable the Date modified column within the particular folder, please follow the steps below.

1. Open the Folder in which you wish to see the Date modified column.
    2. Right-click on the
      Header for Name, date, type etc. This will give you a list of columns that can be displayed.
    3. Select the option Date modified, clearing the tick removes that column.
    4. Modify a file and check if it is being reflected in the Date modified column.

If the issue still persists, where you aren’t able to see the value in the Date modified column even after making the changes to the particular file, please follow ‘Method 2’.

Method 2: Create a new user account.

This issue could be due to profile corruption. Hence to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account
    ’ and check if the issue persists.

Note:
    You will not see all your files under your default file location. So your data will be saved under C:\users\user_name.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 2, 2019
  3. How to Customize File Sharing Permissions to Create/Modify/Delete FILES... but not FOLDERS?

Hello. I need to customize a shared folder on my network so that one user (Reba) can create, append, modify, delete all FILES within that folder and subfolders... but Reba should not be able to create or delete the FOLDERS.

I've tested various configurations, and the closest I've been able to come is to create
    TWO sets of Advanced permissions for Reba:

1. The first instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "This folders and subfolders,"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Create folders / append data
    • Delete
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

2. The second instance of Reba, is ALLOWED, applied to "Files Only:"

• Traverse folder / execute file
    • List folder / read data
    • Read attributes
    • Read extended attributes
    • Create files / write data
    • Create folders / append data
    • Write attributes
    • Write extended attributes
    • Delete subfolders and files
    • Delete
    • Read permissions
    But Reba is DENIED permissions of:

• Full control
    • Change permissions
    • Take ownership

The above configuration does deny Reba the ability to create folders/subfolders... but ALLOWs her to delete folders (which I do NOT want her to be able to do).

DMGonzalez-Web, Sep 2, 2019
  4. Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified

Setting New Location Of User Folder to another User Folder

Hi Renee,

Having an easy access to the Desktop folder can give you a convenience on opening your files. Regarding your concern about the Desktop folder that was moved to the Downloads section, we recommend that you create a new local user or administrator account to
    resolve the issue.

To create a local user or administrator account, follow the steps listed on this
    link

In addition, to move your files from the Downloads folder back to the Desktop folder, we suggest that you manually copy and paste the files to avoid any data loss.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified

1. Mysterious Users/Folders auto created/modified - Similar Threads - Mysterious Users Folders

2. Creating Folders in Users/OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  3. Creating Folders in Users/OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating Folders in Users/OS: Can I create a new folder in my User and/or OS folders I am doing this to create space in my onedrive. Or will this bug out my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-folders-in-usersos/c44b0f5d-5723-4d29-b924-1d8dd62ff091
  4. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  5. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious Folder: I have a sub-folder in My Documents named "Search". I did not create this folder, nor do I have any idea where it is coming from. When I try to delete it, I get a "Folder Access Denied" window that pops up and says "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete...
  6. Mysterious Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Mysterious User

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mysterious User: I came across a mysterious user account on my PC called KCAV1_m0f3hql. When I tried to delete it I was told the folder was open; It`s 5.62 GBs. The name does not appear in the Control Panel under Users Name. It only appears under User Profiles. Where did it come from? I...
  8. Modify folder ..?

in Windows 10 Support
    Modify folder ..?: Hi All Is there a way to get rid of folder infos ..? [img] Thanks 139798
  9. User 'itlfducaoi' auto created

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User 'itlfducaoi' auto created: Why this user is auto created? I deleted this user once but it again appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-itlfducaoi-auto-created/559cf134-541a-4c2f-906e-0a33bc4fc3b5"
  10. Mysterious folders in network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mysterious folders in network.: I have 2 new folders in the network in File explorer, Documents 2 and music 2. I can't find these folders in the C drive view. ? 29855