Windows 10: Mystery Account

Discus and support Mystery Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Been using Windows 10 since Aug and really like it. My problem is when turning on my laptop when it gets tothe logon screen, there is a mystery account... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by BruceL, Nov 19, 2015.

1. BruceL Win User

Mystery Account

Been using Windows 10 since Aug and really like it. My problem is when turning on my laptop when it gets tothe logon screen, there is a mystery account has showed up that has my account name on it that it defaults to and password doesn't work *Sad but I can't logon with it. I have to manually click on my previous account with my user
    name and MS email account to logon with my password. I have been in to PC settings 'Accounts' and can't find this
    account so I can totally remove it. Any ideas here? Thanks

:)

BruceL, Nov 19, 2015

2. Account Lockout Mystery

Is the user accessing business resources (likely email) via a mobile device? If so, then it is possible they don't have the correct password on the device and as the mail app tries to connect, and fails, over and over, it reaches your domain's login limits
    and locks the account.

For ours it is set that after 10 bad login tries after a set period of time the account locks out. This often is tried by someone's mobile mail app when the don't have the correct password on the device.

IJustHelping, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Account Lockout Mystery

We have an account that is continuously locking out. It seems to be coming for one of the domain controllers. I have checked cached credentials and services and there is nothing saved or using the account.
    I posted this on the Technet forum but had not had any responses

Log Name: Security

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing

Date: 7/13/2017 8:12:45 AM

Event ID: 4771

Task Category: Kerberos Authentication Service

Level: Information

Keywords: Audit Failure

User: N/A

Computer: **************

Description:

Kerberos pre-authentication failed.

Account Information:

Security ID:
    netBIOS Domain\the account in questions

Account Name:
    the account in question

Service Information:

Service Name:
    krbtgt/netbiosdomainname

Network Information:

Client Address:
    ::1

Client Port:

Additional Information:

Ticket Options:
    0x40810010

Failure Code:
    0x18

Pre-Authentication Type:

Certificate Information:

Certificate Issuer Name:

Certificate Serial Number:

Certificate Thumbprint:

Certificate information is only provided if a certificate was used for pre-authentication.

Pre-authentication types, ticket options and failure codes are defined in RFC 4120.

If the ticket was malformed or damaged during transit and could not be decrypted, then many fields in this event might not be present.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing" Guid="{54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}" />

<EventID>4771</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>0</Level>

<Task>14339</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8010000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-07-13T15:12:45.585663300Z" />

<EventRecordID>80647416</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="632" ThreadID="688" />

<Channel>Security</Channel>

<Computer>**************</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="TargetUserName">account in question</Data>

<Data Name="TargetSid">S-1-5-21-518783779-895579688-313593124-3430</Data>

<Data Name="ServiceName">krbtgt/netbiosdomainname</Data>

<Data Name="TicketOptions">0x40810010</Data>

<Data Name="Status">0x18</Data>

<Data Name="PreAuthType">2</Data>

<Data Name="IpAddress">::1</Data>

<Data Name="IpPort">0</Data>

<Data Name="CertIssuerName">

</Data>

<Data Name="CertSerialNumber">

</Data>

<Data Name="CertThumbprint">

</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

IV Bill Oldfield, Nov 19, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Mystery Account

5. BruceL Win User
    Thanks lx07 that done it. The mystery account mysteriously disappeared as it mysteriously showed up *Smile

BruceL, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mystery Account

1. Mystery Account - Similar Threads - Mystery Account

2. Security Key mysteriously removed as one of the verification options in MS Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Key mysteriously removed as one of the verification options in MS Account: First of all, I'm not even sure what product I should've posted this under. I always sign-in to Windows 10 using my local Account. There've been basically very few problems not even worth mentioning signing into my MS account using my security key after signing into Windows...
  3. Security Key mysteriously removed as one of the verification options in MS Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Key mysteriously removed as one of the verification options in MS Account: First of all, I'm not even sure what product I should've posted this under. I always sign-in to Windows 10 using my local Account. There've been basically very few problems not even worth mentioning signing into my MS account using my security key after signing into Windows...
  4. Security Key mysteriously removed as one of the verification options in MS Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Help, Help, Help, pls, My user account mysteriously disappeared,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help, Help, Help, pls, My user account mysteriously disappeared,: I need help urgently. Appreciate it very much in advance.I have 2 laptops, one is new while the other one is old. I have not used the old laptop for a few years.Yesterday I need 2 laptops to work on. So I turned on my old laptop and signed in with my recorded password. Seems...
  6. Help, Help, Help, pls, My user account mysteriously disappeared,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help, Help, Help, pls, My user account mysteriously disappeared,: I need help urgently. Appreciate it very much in advance.I have 2 laptops, one is new while the other one is old. I have not used the old laptop for a few years.Yesterday I need 2 laptops to work on. So I turned on my old laptop and signed in with my recorded password. Seems...
  7. Help, Help, Help, pls, My user account mysteriously disappeared,

8. Administrator Account Mystery

Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  9. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  10. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming