Windows 10: mystery blank tab on taskbar

Discus and support mystery blank tab on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was watching netflix on fullscreen view and for a moment the taskbar appeared and I saw a blank taskbar box appear next to all of the other icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RussellTanner1, Feb 26, 2019.

1. mystery blank tab on taskbar

I was watching netflix on fullscreen view and for a moment the taskbar appeared and I saw a blank taskbar box appear next to all of the other icon boxes on my taskbar. It disappeared after a second, I have never seen this happen while running windows 8.1 or windows 10. It seemed like some program opened up, anyone ever notice this?

:)

RussellTanner1, Feb 26, 2019

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    "Edge BUG" A blank page setting when opening a new tab in Edge is reset when clearing browsing data

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open Microsoft EDGE.

• Click on Three Dots (…) at the top right corner.

• Under Open new tab with select a blank page.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2019
  4. mystery blank tab on taskbar

Windows 10 Taskbar is not working and "fixes" don't fix it.

Hi Carole,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Taskbar on Windows 10. We will help you with resolving the issue.

Provide us the additional information to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you press Alt+Tab keys from the keyboard to switch between the apps?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

As you said Taskbar is not working, and you will minimize all the opened apps to access the one you wish to from Taskbar. Be clear with how exactly you are trying to accessing the apps from Taskbar.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if you have enabled the Auto-hide option for Taskbar, if so try to disable and check if it helps.

Steps to enable auto-hide Taskbar:

• Right click in the empty space on the Taskbar, click on
      Properties,
    • Under Taskbar tab, uncheck the Auto-hide the Taskbar option, click on
      Apply and Ok.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

mystery blank tab on taskbar

1. mystery blank tab on taskbar - Similar Threads - mystery blank tab

2. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10: When I boot up my PC the taskbar is blank. It didn't show any of my shortcuts or the time but it still shows the windows icon and search. I couldn't use any windows key shortcuts, but manually opening apps still worked but the icon to show it was open was not on the taskbar...
  3. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10: When I boot up my PC the taskbar is blank. It didn't show any of my shortcuts or the time but it still shows the windows icon and search. I couldn't use any windows key shortcuts, but manually opening apps still worked but the icon to show it was open was not on the taskbar...
  4. Taskbar and Settings Windows Update Tab Are Blank Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. The taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The taskbar is blank: The information that's here, didn't helped me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-taskbar-is-blank/2d125ec0-0a4d-4396-af18-51d153cf3ffd
  6. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  7. Taskbar menus are blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar menus are blank: In my taskbar the bottom right hand corner are missing all its icons. Time is missing as well so I dont know what sorcery is going on. I check on my settings it is all turn on. I tried to turning it off then restart then turn it back on but no positive result....
  8. On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    On new tab - want to see a blank tab. On startup - a blank page / tab.: [ATTACH] On new tab - want to see a blank tab. After the recent cumulative updates my edge browser does not allow me to open to a simple blank page. I had to create a 'about:blank' specific page to open to. Specific page - about:blank And then I found when open a new...
  9. Mystery blank window with blue F-icon in alt-tab view appears at random

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mystery blank window with blue F-icon in alt-tab view appears at random: I have a problem that I have searched for hours on to no avail. At what seems to be at random, this blue/white F-icon window will appear in the Alt-Tab little windows. It doesn't appear to link to anything and I can only get rid of it by closing it while holding the Alt-tab...
  10. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...