Windows 10: Mystery Drive Appeared

Discus and support Mystery Drive Appeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Local Disc drive appeared on my system, System(Z) 356 MB capacity, 85.5MB used space,Fat 32 file system,if I click on Hardware it shows a CD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tommo, Apr 30, 2016.

1. tommo Win User

Mystery Drive Appeared

I have a Local Disc drive appeared on my system, System(Z) 356 MB capacity, 85.5MB used space,Fat 32 file system,if I click on Hardware it shows a CD Rom drive,can anyone offer any advice?

:)

tommo, Apr 30, 2016

2. Mystery drive appeared

Hi Stuart,

This drive are related to the Windows recovery partitions (OEM). You don't have to worry about it and can leave the drive alone. It's better to have them rather then going ahead and reinstalling Windows to clean these partitions are preinstalled.

Please feel free to ask more queries on Windows.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 30, 2016
  3. stuart_t Win User
    Mystery drive appeared

Thanks for the reply

What made me think it could be related to an upcoming upgrade was the $WINDOWS BT folder which was created on the 24th August 2016. has also appeared which I thought was to do with an upgrade of Windows..

The note book already has a recovery drive which has been there since I first powered up the new notebook last week, the above folder and the "Z" drive have appeared recently..

Could this be the "AU" update downloading in the background?

STuart

stuart_t, Apr 30, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Mystery Drive Appeared

Have you double clicked on an ISO file by any chance?

A screenshot of the explorer window would have been better.

5. tommo Win User
    Thanks Arc for your quick reply,I haven't clicked an ISO file and not savvy enough to post a screenshot but after some delving on my pc it would appear that it is my disc drive,just can't understand why it is suddenly showing in devices and drives alongside DVD /RW Drive (E) when I open file explorer.

tommo, May 1, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
  7. tommo Win User
    Did a System Restore drive no longer showing

tommo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mystery Drive Appeared

1. Mystery Drive Appeared - Similar Threads - Mystery Drive Appeared

2. One Drive Mysteries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Mysteries: Maybe its because I didn't get a good nights sleep, but I can't figure out how to insure a folder on my PC is also on OneDrive.I'm not even sure if I am using the correct language.I have a One Drive account. It shows up in File Explorer. I want to make sure all the documents...
  3. Mystery folder /drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery folder /drive: I went to create a restore point and seen this Folder/Drive. What is it and how do I get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-folder-drive/6291c511-c9bd-49fc-a9a2-6e4818b60be3
  4. Mystery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mystery drive: Available drives \\?\Volumes(22100F1af1f9-4a2d92. That is an extra drive that is showing. It shows protection settings off for also. And I noticed the shared PC account manager shows catastrophic failure. Can anyone help me out with this....
  5. Mysterious Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mysterious Drive: Installed Windows 10 Enterprise for my company. User logs in and when he open This PC he notices a mysterious drive (M) with a Blue Question mark over the drive. Right clicking on the drive and choosing properties reveals nothing but folder properties. A Google Search...
  6. Mysterious Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Drive: Installed Windows 10 Enterprise for my company. User logs in and when he open This PC he notices a mysterious drive (M) with a Blue Question mark over the drive. Right clicking on the drive and choosing properties reveals nothing but folder properties. A Google Search...
  7. ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears

ESP drive letter E mysteriously appears: I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I looked at my updates, doesn't appear that any went on recently, yet, today my computer rebooted itself, now I have a new drive letter. Any ideas? I can't access the drive....
  8. Mysterious drive Z: appears!

Mysterious drive Z: appears!: Hello every one, have a good day! Here i come with my recent problem as in thread title. Recently i found a Z: drive that i cannot acces or modify it in any way. Here is some data that i gathered: Code: DISKPART> detail disk Hitachi HTS541010A9E680 Disk ID:...
  9. Mystery Hard drive

Mystery Hard drive: 1 TB hard drive had approximately 750 GB in use. Made an image of the 1 TB hard drive. Installed the image on a new 2 TB hard drive and now it shows only 488 GB in use. No, the new hard drive is not showing any compression being used. All programs, data, pictures and...
  10. Recovery Drive Mystery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery Drive Mystery: I prepared a large capacity USB flash drive formatted with NTFS ready to create a Recovery Drive. The first two attempts took a long time before reporting there was a problem. The third attempt also took a long time but everything looked like it had worked OK. However, when I...