Windows 10: Mystery Icon on my Screen?

Discus and support Mystery Icon on my Screen? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Has anyone ever seen this "sticky" icon appear on their screen? This thing appears now and again on my screen, near the top, smack in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Moonwalker, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Mystery Icon on my Screen?

Mystery Icon on my Screen? [​IMG]

Has anyone ever seen this "sticky" icon appear on their screen? This thing appears now and again on my screen, near the top, smack in the middle, above all other windows. It stays at top level and I can't move it. It also is apparently not associated with any open programs, or at least it does not vanish when all programs are closed. The ONLY solution I've found so far is to restart the system. This is not really a viable option all the time since I have a ton of services and programs that open on startup because, well, I need them all. This thing simply appears seemingly when it feels like appearing. I'm sure it must be associated with some program or process but I have not been able to isolate it yet. I'm hoping it looks familiar to someone here so I can drill down to the target issue and stop it or at least know a quicker way to get rid of it. Thanks in advance.

:)

Moonwalker, Aug 7, 2019

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Darshan J Win User

Mystery Icon on my Screen?

icon screen

Hi Richard,

To help you better provide us with the information below.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software changes on your computer?

As an initial step I would suggest you Right click on Desktop Window> View > Check Shows desktop icons, check if the desktop icons are back on desktop.

Check if the Icons or files are available in the My Documents>Desktop folder, check if icons are visible in the folder.

Get back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance.

Darshan J, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Mystery Icon on my Screen?

1. Mystery Icon on my Screen? - Similar Threads - Mystery Icon Screen

2. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  3. Mysterious login screen flicker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mysterious login screen flicker: Hi, I have just noticed that during startup the text (time and date) started to flicker once for seemingly no reason on a laptop I have recently bought. The only thing I did is that I have disabled and removed onedrive which I did not not need and was also causing desktop...
  4. Mystery Icon In System Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon In System Tray: Does anyone know what the icon circled in red is? It shows up on all users when they log in. I'm not sure when it first appeared. No description pops up when scrolling over it. Left or right click just gives the option to exit. [img] I'm running Windows 10 Pro v 1909...
  5. Mystery tray icon...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery tray icon...: I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it? 120720
  6. Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...: After the last set of updates that MS did, I noticed that I have a new icon on my desktop: [img] I can move it around the desktop, but I can't get it off the desktop and I don't want it there. Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of it? Any help gratefully received. 114142
  7. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  8. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...
  9. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590