Windows 10: Mystery Icon

Discus and support Mystery Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fosco, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Fosco Win User

Mystery Icon

I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~

Mystery Icon [​IMG]

:)

Fosco, Apr 27, 2016

2. Mystery icons

The one on the right looks like an indicator to tell you if your FnLock is on or off, probably from the maker of your laptop (since that's not part of Windows and only laptop makers usually add in software that does that).

The 9 icon, I'm not sure but it's possibly related (maybe an indicator for "numLock" by chance?)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 27, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Mystery icons

When you rest your mouse pointer on an icon, does a small explanation pop up? (The technical name for that is a tool tip.)

BulldogXX, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Mystery Icon

Welcome to Tenforums! I bet you think we have so much talent here, that some of us must be psychic and know exactly what you were doing to get this blue circular icon with a question mark overlaid with a square amber icon with 2 exclamation marks on it.

Well, the blue icon usually represents help - and clicking it often takes you to a bing page on the internet, if it can find some information that may be of use to the page the help icon was displayed upon.

I am guessing that the amber colour and the exclamation marks represent a warning, but probably more severe than a triangular yellow warning triangle with a single exclamation mark.

However, without more information regarding the page or app that this icon appears on, I am unable to offer any more. I could guess that no help could be found for this situation but that is all.

Give us the big picture, show us the full screenshot and let us know what you were doing and trying to do, fill in your system specs, and you might get a more detailed and specific answer.

Fafhrd, Apr 27, 2016
  5. Right click properties? Where is it located? What happens if you click it?

alphanumeric, Apr 27, 2016
  6. tommo Win User
    Looks like HP Support Assistant requires attention

tommo, Apr 27, 2016
  7. Mayfly Win User
    That's exactly what it is, the HP support assistant

Mayfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mystery Icon

1. Mystery Icon - Similar Threads - Mystery Icon

2. Mystery Icon In System Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon In System Tray: Does anyone know what the icon circled in red is? It shows up on all users when they log in. I'm not sure when it first appeared. No description pops up when scrolling over it. Left or right click just gives the option to exit. [img] I'm running Windows 10 Pro v 1909...
  3. Any idea on what this mysterious G could be?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea on what this mysterious G could be?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OGPanda18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fng85b/any_idea_on_what_this_mysterious_g_could_be/
  4. Mystery "stuck key" issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery "stuck key" issue: Hi there everyone! My daughter was playing WoW with me a couple nights ago when all of a sudden her mouse and keyboard started acting oddly. The best I can explain it is that Windows thinks she's pressing the CTRL or Windows key. I am sharing a potato video to explain some....
  5. Mystery Icon on my Screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon on my Screen?: [img] Has anyone ever seen this "sticky" icon appear on their screen? This thing appears now and again on my screen, near the top, smack in the middle, above all other windows. It stays at top level and I can't move it. It also is apparently not associated with any open...
  6. Mystery tray icon...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery tray icon...: I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it? 120720
  7. Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...: After the last set of updates that MS did, I noticed that I have a new icon on my desktop: [img] I can move it around the desktop, but I can't get it off the desktop and I don't want it there. Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of it? Any help gratefully received. 114142
  8. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  9. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590