Windows 10: Mystery Icon

Discus and support Mystery Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Fosco, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Fosco Win User

Mystery Icon

I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~

Mystery Icon [​IMG]

:)

Fosco, Apr 27, 2016

2. Mystery icons

The one on the right looks like an indicator to tell you if your FnLock is on or off, probably from the maker of your laptop (since that's not part of Windows and only laptop makers usually add in software that does that).

The 9 icon, I'm not sure but it's possibly related (maybe an indicator for "numLock" by chance?)

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Apr 27, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Mystery icons

When you rest your mouse pointer on an icon, does a small explanation pop up? (The technical name for that is a tool tip.)

BulldogXX, Apr 27, 2016
  4. Fafhrd Win User

Mystery Icon

Welcome to Tenforums! I bet you think we have so much talent here, that some of us must be psychic and know exactly what you were doing to get this blue circular icon with a question mark overlaid with a square amber icon with 2 exclamation marks on it.

Well, the blue icon usually represents help - and clicking it often takes you to a bing page on the internet, if it can find some information that may be of use to the page the help icon was displayed upon.

I am guessing that the amber colour and the exclamation marks represent a warning, but probably more severe than a triangular yellow warning triangle with a single exclamation mark.

However, without more information regarding the page or app that this icon appears on, I am unable to offer any more. I could guess that no help could be found for this situation but that is all.

Give us the big picture, show us the full screenshot and let us know what you were doing and trying to do, fill in your system specs, and you might get a more detailed and specific answer.

Fafhrd, Apr 27, 2016
  5. Right click properties? Where is it located? What happens if you click it?

alphanumeric, Apr 27, 2016
  6. tommo Win User
    Looks like HP Support Assistant requires attention

tommo, Apr 27, 2016
  7. Mayfly Win User
    That's exactly what it is, the HP support assistant

Mayfly, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Mystery Icon

1. Mystery Icon - Similar Threads - Mystery Icon

2. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....: 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an...
  3. HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOME icon functionality and redundancy. HOME is still a mystery to me.....: 1. Research says it is the new name for Quick Access. What I don't undersatnd is it's inherit redundancy. My Quick Access Icons appear just under home. One mouse click and I'm done. Now the plan is I must look at the items in Quick Access all day but I'm supposed to do an...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  5. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  6. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How do I get rid of this icon? They mysteriously appeared on everything under C drive. (...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get rid of this icon? They mysteriously appeared on everything under C drive. (...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BACKSTABERRR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2imni/how_do_i_get_rid_of_this_icon_they_mysteriously/
  8. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing (top left corner, top row, the left three icons). windows 10, 64. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same (left most two on the top row): white/grey, wiht...
  9. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...
  10. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...