Windows 10: Mystery Lag/Stuttering

Discus and support Mystery Lag/Stuttering in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My windows 10 computer experiences random lag/stuttering that I have been unable to fix. It manifests in games, google chrome, using Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lordpie314, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Mystery Lag/Stuttering

My windows 10 computer experiences random lag/stuttering that I have been unable to fix. It manifests in games, google chrome, using Windows Media player, right now as I just typed this, file explorer, etc. I have tried reinstalling my operating system, which did not help. I know the problem is not hardware related because I dual boot Linux (Manjaro) which runs fine, and I have close enough to modern hardware. When the lag/stuttering happens, audio output to my headphones is not affected, but visual output on my monitor is hampered. Additionally, I am unable to "instantly" use a keyboard or mouse; however, when the inputs are registered, they appear as if I can type at 200+ WPM.

Additionally, this problem affects other computers when I play video games. In the game I play, my opponents sometimes experience similar stuttering/lag without receiving a notification that I have an unstable internet connection. This leads me to believe that my problems, when playing games, affects others as well. It makes it incredibly challenging to enjoy playing games without getting tilted, and it also makes it difficult to get any work done on my computer, since the words that I type take a long time to appear on my computer.

My hardware is an i7-8700k CPU, (not currently overclocked), Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 mother board, GTX 970, 16GB RAM, two monitors (one 144 fps one 60 fps), one SSD with OS and one HDD. Let me know if I should include anything else. Please help me, this really sucks.

submitted by /u/lordpie314
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lordpie314, Apr 11, 2021
  2. jkwm87 Win User

Video lag/stutter, suggetions?

Hey guys,

So ill start with saying I'm not very tech savvy, so sorry if any of this seems simple or stupid. I have windows 10 installed on my pc, its a simple Asus. My settings tell me I have an x64 based processor, a 64bit operating system, and 4gb RAM. Whenever I attempt to play a video file there is really bad stutter and lag in the video. Its more so with files already saved but will happen when streaming videos sometimes as well. Any suggestions on what to do about this?

jkwm87, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Mystery Lag/Stuttering

Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

These are the LatencyMon stats once the problem sets in

Mystery Lag/Stuttering [​IMG]

The problem didn't come in Safe Mode - although I only used it in Safe Mode for about 10 minutes.

*I usually only needed to input a PIN password to log into Windows. After booting into Safe Mode it started asking for my password (i.e. Microsoft Account password). It hasn't asked for the PIN since then. Is this normal? Maybe some kind of protection enabled by Windows itself?

This is the LatencyMon stat without the problem:

As you can see it says that my system has no latency issues.
    Something weird I noticed is the difference in Measured and Reported CPU speeds - 1 Mhz and 3293 Mhz. How is that possible? I mean will the system even boot up if that's the actual speed?
    There is also and Indepth Latency Test shortcut created by the program. Do I need to run it as well?

starlightt800, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Mystery Lag/Stuttering

1. Mystery Lag/Stuttering - Similar Threads - Mystery Lag Stuttering

2. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  3. Stuttering/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering/lag: hi i have this problem where my Pc is stuttering in some games and also browsing internet or on the desktop. its a constant thing that keeps happening.My specs are:MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming Gen3 amd SAM enabledCPU: Ryzen 5 4500GPU PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 5700 XT...
  4. Mysterious System Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious System Lag: Dear Tech Sages,I hope this plea reaches you amidst the harmonious hum of efficient systems. Unfortunately, I find myself in the midst of a digital labyrinth, and I'm reaching out to the tech virtuosos of this community for some much-needed guidance.The Techno-Trouble: My...
  5. Mysterious System Lag

Mysterious System Lag: Dear Tech Sages,I hope this plea reaches you amidst the harmonious hum of efficient systems. Unfortunately, I find myself in the midst of a digital labyrinth, and I'm reaching out to the tech virtuosos of this community for some much-needed guidance.The Techno-Trouble: My...
  6. Mysterious System Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows System Mystery Lag

Windows System Mystery Lag: Dear Community Wizards,I hope this missive finds you in the midst of tech tranquility. However, I'm sending out an SOS as my Windows 10 fortress has fallen prey to an unexpected adversary—system lag. I'm turning to the tech-savvy heroes in this community for some much-needed...
  8. Windows System Mystery Lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows System Mystery Lag: Dear Community,I hope this message reaches you amidst smooth tech sailing. I'm dropping a line because my Windows 10 system has thrown me a curveball, and I'm in need of some tech savvy guidance.The Issue: Lately, my Windows 10 system seems to have hit a lagging marathon....
  9. lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...
  10. lag/Stuttering

lag/Stuttering: alright so basically this hasnt happened before but my pc randomly started stuttering and lagging on games but whenever im not on games it works really fast i did a wifi speed test everything seems fine and its happening on roblox and its not a high quality game so if anyone...