Windows 10: mystery minimizing

Discus and support mystery minimizing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For about 6 months now, the active window on my machine will randomly be no longer active. Chrome windows turn gray and I have to click back to them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dakkendoofer, Nov 17, 2019.

1. mystery minimizing

For about 6 months now, the active window on my machine will randomly be no longer active. Chrome windows turn gray and I have to click back to them, fullscreen games get minimized, fullscreen movies lose the fullscreen view and I can see the taskbar. I have run disk cleanup, anti-malware software, antivirus, defrag, cleared my cache, and anything else I could think of. It is still happening approximately every 15 minutes for any application I use.
    System Info:

Windows 10 Home, AMD (quad) 965 processor 3.4GHz, 8GB ram, 64-bit, AMD Radeon R7 200 series graphics card, liquid cooled,

:)

Dakkendoofer, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 17, 2019
  3. redwdc Win User
    Minimized windows don't restore properly

Hi Caledon thanks for the reply

I'll go through it all step by step

1. I open TC (Total Commander or I could say LibreOffice)
    2. I minimize TC
    3. I click on TC on the task bar to restore it
    4. Nothing appears to happen
    5. I open the old program "Desk Lite" and center all windows
    6. I find TC as pictured in my first post

Desk Lite does not install it's totally self contained. I had not even had it on my laptop at all until after the problem started.

Also, I had 1607 on it which is when the problem started. I had a second, larger SSD which I had been thinking of putting in the laptop so I thought I'd put it in and reinstall Windows 10 as a fresh install from an ISO I d/led from Dell. This put 1511 on the system and the problem persists.

Edit: I apologize if I seem snippy. It's frustrating.

redwdc, Nov 17, 2019
  4. mystery minimizing

Why are my games minimizing when there is no mouse activity or minimizing randomly?

Hi Walter,

To address your concern, we suggest that you refer to StevenN.'s response on this related

thread
    for some troubleshooting steps.

Regards.

Michael Tus, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

mystery minimizing

1. mystery minimizing - Similar Threads - mystery minimizing

2. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...: Environment: Windows 10 Home x64, 22H2 19045.4291.Yesterday evening I returned to my PC to find a low disk-space notification for my C: drive. It's a paltry 32GB total, and what had been about 3.5GB free earlier in the day had dropped to ~670MB. After the usual expedients...
  3. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...: Environment: Windows 10 Home x64, 22H2 19045.4291.Yesterday evening I returned to my PC to find a low disk-space notification for my C: drive. It's a paltry 32GB total, and what had been about 3.5GB free earlier in the day had dropped to ~670MB. After the usual expedients...
  4. Mystery installs: Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_22403.1401.0.0_neutral_ ~_8wekyb3d8bbwe &...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  6. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...: Let me explain: I have downloaded a custom theme from skinpacks.com which converts my Windows 10 to look like Windows XP. I have been using this as a way to fully convert my system to look and feel like Windows XP but with the functionality of Windows 10. I've been working on...
  7. I have a Windows XP theme for my Windows 10, but the startup noise is mysteriously unable...

8. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  9. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please: I have windows 10 and have lost some photos mysteriously. Adobe helped me find some in the recycle bin but many are still missing. Can someone please help me retrieve them please?...
  10. I have lost some photos mysteriously can some one advise me what to do please

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing