Windows 10: Mystery Notification of authentication failure

Discus and support Mystery Notification of authentication failure in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I am on my PC (WIN10) I get periodic popup notifications of a login error due to authentication failure. I am not in Gmail nor have I given... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pylyshyn, Feb 29, 2016.

1. pylyshyn Win User

Mystery Notification of authentication failure

Whenever I am on my PC (WIN10) I get periodic popup notifications of a login error due to authentication failure. I am not in Gmail nor have I given permission for any Apps to log in. But I still keep getting authentication failure messages from Gmail or some other agent -- a real nuisance that occurs at random about every 5 minutes or so. How can I stop these? *Huh

:)

pylyshyn, Feb 29, 2016

2. Sky Force Notifications after ANNA update! whats that?

that notification application looks mysterious and yes it is not related to notifications widget on homescreen!

donofworld, Feb 29, 2016
  3. Authentication Failure

I was having the same issue, this is what I found and what I did to narrow down the issue, hop ethis helps in your situation

When trying to sync my Samsung Epix I encounter a problem when trying to synch when I have Browser favorites checked.

Synchronize options:

I am using exchange for mail so contacts, calendar and tasks are not checked.

All other options were checked, except where I was conducting tests as outlined below.

Un-checking only “Browser favorites” I do not have any issues, and the sync completes successfully.

Un-checking only “Current Location” I get the following message “uploading changes to browser favorites” and it just sites there until I stop the sync. It was trying to sync 1 of 1.

Seeing that I had all but one favorite synced, I decided to run thru the list of favorites that had successfully synchronized and the list I had on my WMD.

In comparing the two I found that had not backed up, it was a link for “Grand central mobile”

No special anything in the address, I removed it from my favorites, turned on all sync options and this time it was successful.

Not sure, why this one address was causing the entire sync to fail, but it did.

Dark_Knight1, Feb 29, 2016
Thema:

Mystery Notification of authentication failure

1. Mystery Notification of authentication failure - Similar Threads - Mystery Notification authentication

2. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  3. Folder Sharing Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Sharing Authentication Failure: Three computers, all Windows 11, A, B, and C.Folders shared on computer A can be seen by B and CFolders shared on computer B can be seen by A and CFolders shared on computer C cannot be accessed from A or B.Folder sharing by C used to work, but failed after a recent update....
  4. Authentication Failure

in Windows 10 Customization
    Authentication Failure: Hi, I did a fresh install of Windows 10 1903. I have a single local administrator account. I have no problem login in to Windows on the computer itself. But if i try to connect using remote desktop or connect to a shared drive, authentication for the same user always...
  5. eM Client Mystery Sound Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client Mystery Sound Notification: Any eM Client experts here? I posted the question below several days ago on eM's own user forum and have had no responses. An incoming message arrives while the eM Client window is minimized. When I click the eM icon in the taskbar to open the window, a "ding" sound is...
  6. server authentication failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    server authentication failure: supposedly the authentication method used (or currently selected ?) in windows for my VPN setup does not align (communicate ?) with the server Im trying to connect to (work server). However, the same exact setup works on my surface pro, but not on my laptop. Windows 10 on...
  7. Mysterious Account Notification

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mysterious Account Notification: "You need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password has changed. Click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" I receive the above notification in the Notification Center 2-3 times a week. It is like a normal notification that appears in the bottom right of...
  8. High Authentication Failures

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High Authentication Failures: Hi Team, I am observing huge authentication failures(4625, 4776) on my domain controllers. Authentication failures are coming from the local account in the workstations. Multiple machines are trying to authenticate to DC using this local account and obviously as the local...
  9. Mysterious notifications (or something) lately

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notifications (or something) lately: About 2 weeks I noticed something really annoying - but only when using an app in fullscreen mode (ie games, Netflix, etc). Every few minutes Windows would automatically switch to the desktop. As you can imagine, this is SUPER annoying when playing a game. I could not figure...
  10. Mysterious notification sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notification sound: Hello. Since this afternoon, I'm having the System notify sound of Windows, with no reason. Notification center is empty. Where can I see what is happening? It's the sound at 2:55 in this video, called "Windows Notify System Generic" K5ARPC-FTHo 88524