Windows 10: mystery pop up window on every startup

Discus and support mystery pop up window on every startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Get this window, wonder if anyone knows what it might be I moved the TMP & TEMP folders t a different HDD, but not sure if this the issue [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by reddwarf4ever, Jan 15, 2017.

1. mystery pop up window on every startup

Get this window, wonder if anyone knows what it might be
    I moved the TMP & TEMP folders t a different HDD, but not sure if this the issue

mystery pop up window on every startup [​IMG]

:)

reddwarf4ever, Jan 15, 2017

2. Phantom Window?

Update 5/27/2017:

So I was able to download the most recent update (KB4020102) and it seems to have solved the issue.

The mystery window may have had something to do with the failed cumulative update, as it would explain why it occurred exactly once every hour. After I manually downloaded the update package from the
    Windows Update Catalog, the normal system window saying that I had to restart for an update popped up at the exact time the mystery window would have.

Maybe the mystery window was the system notification failing?

In any case, the issue is no longer.

Fireballer45, Jan 15, 2017
  3. aehaley Win User
    random pop ups

ever since getting windows 10 I have had 2 different types of pop ups one being the missing dll and two being a mysterious pop up that ends up closing itself before I see it how can I fix these

aehaley, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

mystery pop up window on every startup

If you moved temp you have to change system variables for it from a CMD prompt type set does it show correctly?

Samuria, Jan 15, 2017
  5. I changed temp folders system settings.....the new temp folder seems to have file sizes in it ok
    do I need CMD line to set it up, I didn't think so
    been working ok for some time...maybe a program I installed could not tolerate the temp file in a different location

reddwarf4ever, Jan 15, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    If you have the Setup Builder installer, Uninstall Setup Builder, restart the computer and reinstall it. It will find the correct Temp folder and be good to go

spunk, Jan 16, 2017
  7. Don't have setup builder.....could this have been part f something I installed....I uninstalled all recent installs, but it still remains.....should I just search the registry for setup builder and delete entries..

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Jan 16, 2017
  8. mystery pop up window on every startup

Don't search the registry by hand. Use Autoruns to find the startup. If you want us to have a look at it, File->Save it as a default .arn file then zip and attach to next post

ComputerGeek, Jan 16, 2017
  9. Thanks will try autoruns, as you suggest....

reddwarf4ever, Jan 17, 2017
  10. Ran Autoruns and it found several entries in yellow with `file not found` dleted all these and now my popup window has gone

thank you so very much

reddwarf4ever, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

mystery pop up window on every startup

1. mystery pop up window on every startup - Similar Threads - mystery pop window

2. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup: I’m using windows 10, my computer was fine up until a few days ago when the prompt started appearing on every startup. I tried both chkdsk C: /f /r And chkdsk /x C: and neither managed to solve the issue. What could be causing this issue, how can I fix it, and does my ssd run...
  3. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup: I’m using windows 10, my computer was fine up until a few days ago when the prompt started appearing on every startup. I tried both chkdsk C: /f /r And chkdsk /x C: and neither managed to solve the issue. What could be causing this issue, how can I fix it, and does my ssd run...
  4. “To skip disc checking” pops up ok every startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up-every-5-mins-after-startup/59a60596-76d9-4304-98ec-787c11770cd7
  6. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup: CMD windows C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\foxcif.exe how can i get rid of this window. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-pop-up-every-5-mins-after-startup/59a60596-76d9-4304-98ec-787c11770cd7
  7. CMD pop up every 5 mins after startup

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 11 cscript.exe pops up and flashes every startup

Windows 11 cscript.exe pops up and flashes every startup: This has been bothering me and I have been thinking that this is some kind of virus. I tried following other guides and tried doing a safe boot, disabling all startups, and disabling services, but it was still happening to me every startup. I filmed it a lot, and from the...
  9. Windows 11 cscript.exe pops up and flashes every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cscript.exe pops up and flashes every startup: This has been bothering me and I have been thinking that this is some kind of virus. I tried following other guides and tried doing a safe boot, disabling all startups, and disabling services, but it was still happening to me every startup. I filmed it a lot, and from the...
  10. Bing browser pops up on startup every time.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing browser pops up on startup every time.: I have tried removing it from startup but it keeps re-installing. Ridiculous I can't control what starts up on my machine. I am considering using a MAC instead because I am so tired of microsoft forcing me to use programs. Can you please tell me how to keep bing from starting...