Windows 10: Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

Discus and support Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; PLEASE? - Can anyone tell me what the program called "SS Option"from publisher Slow Gefovo is for???I think it sneakily downloaded itself by way of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeborahG4u, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

PLEASE? - Can anyone tell me what the program called "SS Option"from publisher Slow Gefovo is for???I think it sneakily downloaded itself by way of piggyback withWIN ZIP when my husband tried to watch a movie on the computer. This happened while he was waiting for me to get ready to go visit family on Christmas Eve - along with several other unwanted and unnecessary programs!And they slowed down my computer's performance quite a bit! It made me SO MAD! I wasabsolutely livid!! NO company should have the right to dump **** onto our computer that we neither asked for NOR wanted! This is a prime example of a route that malware can take to destroy your computer!! At least I caught this junkware quickly and deleted the unwanted programs. I'm just really angry that software companies get away with dumping their wares on the bandwagon with a necessary program in order to try and weasel more money out of you after their trial offers … Then once you forget you decided to try their software to make your computer run faster [allegedly], then they've gotten their greedy little paws into your bank account for about a month or 3, until you notice you have money missing! I HATE these kind of tricks! Can anyone else out there relate to this sort of corporate ****? ... I really need to know if this program came with my computer & Microsoft 10, if it's a vital component or if it really is junkware, which I suspect. Please respond to my email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Thanks So Much! - Deborah G. from Uncasville, CT - USA

:)

DeborahG4u, Dec 27, 2019
  2. FranPen Win User

Wifi piggyback?

Can someone piggyback my wifi and, if so, can this interfere with the wifi performance I'm getting?

FranPen, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

Andre Da Costa, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback!

1. Mystery Program downloaded sneaky piggyback! - Similar Threads - Mystery Program downloaded

2. Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Mysterious "Update" file in Startup programs?: You: There is a program named Update in my Startup programs list in task manager. It has no publisher; the generic .exe icon & I can't click into and see its file location or properties. Is this from a recent update, or has my computer been infected?Me: No, Files Details-Type...
  3. Photo download mystery

in Windows 10 Support
    Photo download mystery: Prior to the "new" windows 10 update, I was able to upload new photos to my Documents and they would show in a new folder with the current date. Now that I have updated my windows 10, this has changed, and my photo files go directly to \OneDrive\Pictures they show as...
  4. Mysterious Update in Startup Programs

Mysterious Update in Startup Programs: I noticed an update program in the startup program area, and I opened the file location and it is in a folder called Stride with a text file called SqurrielSetup and that is it. Any idea what this is?...
  5. Mysterious Laptop programming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Laptop programming: Hello I had issues I paid and 365Microsof office but i don't get use it properly These listing not work following listing : 1. Outlook 2 Operating system being writen off an other program 3 There were many un app around my website 4 My gmail account...
  6. Sneaky way to say...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Sneaky way to say...: I have an older system with W10 1909, that according to MS is not ready for 2004 yet: [img] Since I am not making any changes to this system, does that mean the 2004 will never get to it? I guess, this message can be interpreted a number of different ways...*chuckle 159176
  7. Sneaky way to say...

in Windows 10 Support
    Sneaky way to say...: I have an older system with W10 1909, that according to MS is not ready for 2004 yet: [img] Since I am not making any changes to this system, does that mean the 2004 will never get to it? I guess, this message can be interpreted a number of different ways...*chuckle 159176
  8. Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?

Mysterious "Update" and "Program" file in Startup programs?: I'm using Windows 10 and I noticed these two entries in the Startup programs list. Both of them have no publisher attached which gives me some concern. I uninstalled Opera browser which got rid of "Update". Not sure what "Program" relates to. Anyone know how I can find...
  9. Mysterious Programs Running at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious Programs Running at Startup: I sporadically get unexpected "need to update" warnings from various programs. Right now, the laptop on which I'm typing this message gave a warning, after waking up from hibernation, from "Auslogics Driver Updater" asserting that several drivers need updating. I don't see...
  10. Mysterious Folder in Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Folder in Program Files: I have a strange folder in C:\Program Files (x86) called "My Company Name" and inside it another one called "My Product Name". This one is empty. My ESET Smart Security found nothing. I can't figure it out where it came from. Is this malware? 23506