Windows 10: Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions

Discus and support Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by WC1APP, Jan 21, 2019.

1. WC1APP Win User

Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions

My son was using his PC this morning/early afternoon and all apps were working fine. They have been for some time. Without changing any restrictions or anything, all of a sudden he cannot open Chrome or Firefox. He is given a message saying he needs permission from a parent and an option to email me. I followed the link in my email to allow permission and thought "OK that's done." But when he tried again, he got the same message. We have now tried this about a dozen times and it will not work. He cannot use Chrome, he cannot use Firefox. This is pretty much one of the only reasons/apps we got his computer for. I have gone to family settings and can see nothing that should be preventing him from using these browsers (and anyway I did not change settings and they were working fine before). So what are we supposed to do now???

:)

WC1APP, Jan 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Unable to set restriction for local user in Windows 10

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• How did you noticed that user is still able to access the drive?

• Did you log into the local user account and check the permission?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to restrict the user.

• In File Explorer, right click on the drive which you want to restrict.
    • Click Properties.
    • Click the Security tab.
    • Click on Edit to change the permissions.
    • Uncheck all the permission for system.
    • Click OK and make sure the change is applied to all subfolders and files.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Parental restriction

I am trying to download apps on my windows phone but there is a parental restriction 12/03/1960, how can I change this so that I can download apps?

Regards Michel

MichelBitankumwami, Jan 21, 2019
  4. seesean Win User

PARENT PERMISSIONS

SO I NOTICED THE OTHER DAY THAT REMOTE COMPUTER WAS LISTED IN MY START UP MENU, I WENT TO SEE WHAT THIS WAS AND SAW IT WAS HOW YOU CAN REMOTELY CONNECT TO ANOTHER COMPUTER , SO THAT BOTHERS ME BECAUSE OF SOME OTHER THINGS THAT I NOTICED ON MY PROFILES HAVE
    CHANGED THINGS , LIKE WHAT STATE I AIM IN AND SO ON, ANYWAY I WENT TO THE PERMISSIONS TO SEE WHO HAS PERMISSIONS TO DO THIS, I CAME ACROSS A SET OF #S LISTED UNDER USERS IN THE USER ,GROUPS SELECTION BOX, I TRIED TO CHANGE THOSE PERMISSIONS BUT IT SAID I COULD
    NOT BECAUSE IT HAS A PARENT INHERENT,. MY MAIN QUESTION HERE IS HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHO OR WHAT THESE # S UNDER THE USER BOX BELONG TO , IS THERE SOME ONE HAVE CONTROL AND SEE ALL MY INFORMATION I HAVE ON MY P C?, CAN ANYONE GIVE ME INFORMATION ABOUT REMOTE
    COMPUTER

THANK YOU

SF

seesean, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Mystery re: Parent Restrictions/Permissions - Similar Threads - Mystery Parent Restrictions

2. Stuck on Parent permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on Parent permission?: So I a friend of mine opened a mircosoft account and he mistakenly didnt change the age which made his account a children's account.We changed the date afterwards and now it's the correct date he was born in 2000Now for some reason he still needs an adult permission to open...
  3. Stuck on Parent permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on Parent permission?: So I a friend of mine opened a mircosoft account and he mistakenly didnt change the age which made his account a children's account.We changed the date afterwards and now it's the correct date he was born in 2000Now for some reason he still needs an adult permission to open...
  4. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  5. Parent permission error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Parent permission error: I’ve struggled with Microsoft for a while now because they changed a lot of things. I’m attempting to download the Xbox app and every time it tells me to ask for a parents permission. Thing is, there is nobody to ask because there is nobody in my family on Microsoft. Yes, I...
  6. Parent permission error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Asking for parental permission...?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Asking for parental permission...?: I tried to open Firefox this morning, and was greeted with a tab telling me to ask for permission from an adult in my family. Not only am I 18 and NOT in a Microsoft family, this wasn’t happening even yesterday. I have no idea how to fix this, and any help online I’ve has not...
  8. parent permissions

parent permissions: I can't use any apps besides internet explorer because of my account being set as a child. I need the adult account removed so I can gain my oermissions back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parent-permissions/d3ee162f-ca1d-45ac-a5c3-833666e0f4c6
  9. Setting parental restrictions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting parental restrictions: My son has set himself as an administrator on his new Lenovo laptop. I want to set internet restrictions for him but unable because he is an administrator. Please help me to set parental restrictions. Thank you much Steven...
  10. Parent Account Restriction

Parent Account Restriction: I'm having an issue purchasing an application on my PC due to it requiring parent consent. My parent does not have access to his account any longer and I have no way to remove the parent account from mine. Can someone help me out with this?...