Windows 10: Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

Discus and support Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SewHelpMe, Feb 9, 2022.

1. SewHelpMe Win User

Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I just don't like messy things.

:)

SewHelpMe, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 9, 2022
  3. Paultx Win User
    A mysterious app with no name

I was checking the installed apps here and found at the end of the list one that has no name and no size, it only has some sort of generic icon and the installation date.

Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps [​IMG]

I went to good ol' Control Panel and found three programs installed on that date, but all identified.

Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps [​IMG]

I have the free version of Soft Organizer installed and it shows only SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2020 on its main list (it shows the Microsoft Visual C++ stuff inside a folder on that main list).

I considered uninstalling it to see what info I could get, but Windows 10 says only that "This application and its related information will be uninstalled". I am afraid of uninstalling something that may be important somehow as part of other app or even the system itself. Or worse: it may be some sort of malware.

Do you guys know what I can do to identify that app? TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.844

Paultx, Feb 9, 2022
  4. Dann Ave Win User

Mystery Icons in Windows 10

Hello Walt,

The details for the icons visible on the system tray can be viewed if you move your mouse and place the cursor on the icon. This will give you the idea on what it is for before you click them.

If you wish to set which icons will show on the system tray, you can perform the following steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click on the blue link that says
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • On the list of icons, select which will be the ones you want to show on the taskbar.

If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to respond on this post.

Dann Ave, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps - Similar Threads - Mystery Taskbar Icons

2. Taskbar app icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar app icon: When I hover over an app icon on the taskbar, a small window appears above the icon. When I move the cursor over the small window it use to enlarge the window to full screen. It stopped doing this. Is there a setting to restore this feature?...
  3. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  4. Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mystery: Taskbar Icons contains uninstalled apps: I have a mystery and am wondering if it can be cleared/cleaned.In my Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Select which icons appear on the taskbarI have 3 applications which were uninstalled and yet still appear in this list. I do realize it's not causing problems, I...
  5. Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank icon in taskbar after uninstalling an app: [ATTACH] Hey, This blank icon appeared after i uninstalled spotify because it was acting up. The uninstallation process took a while, it seemed that it didn't want to uninstall so i restarted my laptop to see if it would help, and it did, the app is gone (i reinstalled...
  6. APP ICONS TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    APP ICONS TASKBAR: HOW DO I DOWNLOAD APP ICONS AND PUT THEM ON TASK I DONT HAVE THE ICONS I WANT TO PUT ON BUT I HAVE TO APPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/app-icons-taskbar/3d9a7faa-0031-417f-bc45-466dac249614
  7. How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How does one remove taskbar icons for uninstalled apps: I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled items are still showing up on the...
  8. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  9. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...
  10. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617