Windows 10: Mystery tray icon...

Discus and support Mystery tray icon... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Oct 30, 2018.

1. rafikiphoto Win User

Mystery tray icon...

I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it?

:)

rafikiphoto, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Dann Ave Win User

Mystery Icons in Windows 10

Hello Walt,

The details for the icons visible on the system tray can be viewed if you move your mouse and place the cursor on the icon. This will give you the idea on what it is for before you click them.

If you wish to set which icons will show on the system tray, you can perform the following steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click on the blue link that says
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • On the list of icons, select which will be the ones you want to show on the taskbar.

If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to respond on this post.

Dann Ave, Oct 30, 2018
  3. djshowergel Win User
    Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Deepika Gowda Win User

Mystery tray icon...

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Mystery tray icon...

1. Mystery tray icon... - Similar Threads - Mystery tray icon

2. System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    System tray icons on hidden tray icons tab blurry and some missing.: On my system tray i have some hidden tray icons such as the windows defender icon. Whenever i game in 720p and close the game then when i am back on the desktop the hidden system tray icons appear blurry and some are even missing. This happens whenever i game on 720p and...
  3. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  4. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...
  5. Hide tray icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Hide tray icons: Is there some way to hide some of my tray icons until i click on the "show hidden icons" down arrow in windows 10. My options seem to be either show or don't show. [img] 18419
  6. Tray Icon link for shortcut

in Windows 10 Support
    Tray Icon link for shortcut: Hi, everyone This little one want to ask some weird questions. Just as the thread say, yes i know it's weird to have this question, but i really need it so for anyone who know what the link of all of this tray icon list -battery -wifi -sound -date...
  7. Blurred Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurred Tray Icons: [img] I've been having this problem the last few weeks. Will rebuilding the icon cache resolve it? Thanks 93980
  8. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617
  9. Suspicious Tray icon!

in Windows 10 Support
    Suspicious Tray icon!: Hello friends, I am new here. I need help regarding the tray icon on my PC. I am using windows 10. I have noticed the tray icon as shown in the image below. It looks like a lock. I cant do anything about it. I tried right click, middle and left click. But nothing...
  10. Help with mysterious icons please

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with mysterious icons please: [IMG] [/IMG] can anyone please assist with getting rid of these icons now showing on all my pictures , they appeared without me adding them today??? only thing I did was update adblocker plus then this happened your help is appreciated cheers 30590