Windows 10: Mystery tray icon...

Discus and support Mystery tray icon... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rafikiphoto, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Mystery tray icon...

I have noticed a tray icon that I don't recognise. If I hover over it there is no information and if I click it nothing (appears) to happen. There is no right-click menu for it either. How can I identify it and deal with it?

:)

rafikiphoto, Oct 30, 2018
  2. Dann Ave Win User

Mystery Icons in Windows 10

Hello Walt,

The details for the icons visible on the system tray can be viewed if you move your mouse and place the cursor on the icon. This will give you the idea on what it is for before you click them.

If you wish to set which icons will show on the system tray, you can perform the following steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click on the blue link that says
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • On the list of icons, select which will be the ones you want to show on the taskbar.

If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to respond on this post.

Dann Ave, Oct 30, 2018
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Oct 30, 2018
  4. Mystery tray icon...

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 30, 2018
Thema:

Mystery tray icon...

1. Mystery tray icon... - Similar Threads - Mystery tray icon

2. Tray icon size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tray icon size: Hello, since I reinstalled my computer with win10 21H2, the display of icons in the system tray has become very small. Compared to the large icons in the task bar, they are at most a quarter of their size. Previously, their size was about half of those in the Task Bar. What...
  3. Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mysterious Quick Key Make Some Icons Unopenable in System Tray Taskbar: A few weeks ago, there were a few icons in the system tray of the taskbar that I could not open -- specifically, wifi, sound, date/calendar and notification action centre. It was driving me nuts as I went to many computer tech forums and all over social media trying to find a...
  4. Mystery Icon In System Tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon In System Tray: Does anyone know what the icon circled in red is? It shows up on all users when they log in. I'm not sure when it first appeared. No description pops up when scrolling over it. Left or right click just gives the option to exit. [img] I'm running Windows 10 Pro v 1909...
  5. Change Tray Icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Tray Icons: [ATTACH] It's possible to change the software Tray Icons? Some of them are ugly and others look blurry. Regards! https://preview.redd.it/4ybqn4mgmix31.png?width=378&format=png&auto=webp&s=b1db91899cffe2c2c59bf0076f18d02158db60a3 submitted by /u/Sansagi [link]...
  6. System Tray Icon

System Tray Icon: I have a vision problem and the Safely Remove Icon is very hard for me to see. I would like to change the icon to something more visible. I can't seem to find it in the registry. Thank you....
  7. Icon missing in tray

Icon missing in tray: My One drive icon keep disappearing from the icon tray, I have a method to restore it. But then it kept on missing when i restart my laptop or when I switch the laptop back on. I believe I have followed all the guidance on keeping it permanent, but it doesn't work at all...
  8. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  9. Mysterious Icon in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious Icon in Taskbar: My system is on 24/7 and I use a screen saver which activates after 15 minutes of inactivity. Every now and then, when I first start using the system in the morning, there is an unknown icon in the Taskbar (image below). Usually, the appearance of this unknown icon will cause...
  10. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617