Windows 10: Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

Discus and support Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PortableMusic, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

Dear All:

i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons.

i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons.

two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on the top half.

one is a mysterious red icon, a bit space age looking.

please see the attached pictures below.

once i point my cursor on those icons or very close to them, they disappear.

i tried and tried to look them up but to no avail. any assistance would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear... 8f0631c8-717c-43e7-8fad-a88e5430df59?upload=true.jpg

Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear... ff1d99d7-6acb-4ce6-9e23-aac7cceda990?upload=true.jpg

:)

PortableMusic, Dec 13, 2020

2. Mysterious blue earth icon appearing and disappearing ?

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and your effort towards resolving it.

I would suggest you to hover the mouse on that blue earth icon to know the name of the application.

If you are able to identify that application name then, I suggest you to check if that application is present in the
    Programs and Features. Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button and select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Also, check if that application is present in the Apps & features from the following steps:

• Press Windows + I keys from the Keyboard to open the
      Settings.
    • Click on System and click on Apps & features from the left pane.
    • Check if that application is present.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Dec 13, 2020
  3. BobandJan Win User
    Cursor mysteriously disappears

I use an HP laptop with touchscreen with Windows 10 and using Chrome as my browser to work better with Norton! For some unknown reason, the cursor has started to disappear forcing me to use the touchscreen in most cases! I seem to be able to get my cursor
    back after a reboot and it works properly until after it is taken out of sleep/hibernation mode! When starting up, once again, my cursor disappears until I do yet another reboot! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

BobandJan, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Dann Ave Win User

Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

Mystery Icons in Windows 10

Hello Walt,

The details for the icons visible on the system tray can be viewed if you move your mouse and place the cursor on the icon. This will give you the idea on what it is for before you click them.

If you wish to set which icons will show on the system tray, you can perform the following steps:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click on the blue link that says
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    • On the list of icons, select which will be the ones you want to show on the taskbar.

If you need further assistance or clarification, feel free to respond on this post.

Dann Ave, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

1. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear... - Similar Threads - Mystery try icons

2. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing (top left corner, top row, the left three icons). windows 10, 64. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same (left most two on the top row): white/grey, wiht...
  3. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...
  4. Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mystery try icons appeared, point cursor at them, they disappear...: Dear All: i have these mysterious tray icons appearing top left corner, top row, the left three icons. i looked at my start up list on the task manager, none match these icons. two of the icons are the same left most two on the top row: white/grey, wiht a bit of blue on...
  5. Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them

Windows disappear unless maximized or cursor is on them: For a few years I have had a very aggravating problem where non-maximized windows will disappear behind the last maximized window unless my pointer is already over that desired window. Clicking on the window's taskbar icon does not help, since my pointer is down at the...
  6. Cursor Disappears and then Appears in a different place!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor Disappears and then Appears in a different place!: So I have been having this problem where my cursor disappears and appears in a different place, it does not happen often but ever since I got the this laptop and mouse it's been happening. I think its the mouse's fault, it's a Logitech G403. Please help!...
  7. Mouse cursor pointed at items activate them

Mouse cursor pointed at items activate them: If my mouse cursor is pointing at the app icon, a file, a folder etc on the screen, it activates them. It is really frustrating issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-cursor-pointed-at-items-activate-them/09c7451e-fad6-44c4-a1f7-ba78deec3b20
  8. Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon mysteriously appears after latest updates...: After the last set of updates that MS did, I noticed that I have a new icon on my desktop: [img] I can move it around the desktop, but I can't get it off the desktop and I don't want it there. Anyone have ideas on how to get rid of it? Any help gratefully received. 114142
  9. Mystery icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery icon: Hi. Can anyone tell me what this icon is for? (Top-right) [img] All the others shown, when mouse-over (hover) present some text info but this icon nothing. I've tried left-click, double-click, right-click ... nothing. T.I.A. *Smile 38413
  10. Mystery Icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Icon: I am at my wits end. I have searched and searched with no success. Has anyone seen this icon and can tell me what it is, please? Thank you in advance. ~~ [img] 48617