Windows 10: mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work

Discus and support mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Something keeps happening that is disabling my microphone and my webcam in certain applications. discord app will no longer pickup microphone, and some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shanehickman, Feb 27, 2020.

1. mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work

Something keeps happening that is disabling my microphone and my webcam in certain applications. discord app will no longer pickup microphone, and some websites cant see my webcam anymore. I rolled back my windows to a previous save, and it went back to normal. I then disabled updates for 1 month, but less than a week later the problem is back. im not sure what is causing this to happen. all my settings are still the same, nothing is disabled. this is really frustrating as I'm a streamer and chat often with both the mic and camera.

:)

shanehickman, Feb 27, 2020

2. WebCam and mic that will work with Dell 755

Original title: WebCam and mic.

What WebCam and mic works good on a Dell 755 with windows10?

halfbreedYX, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Webcam Mic Issue

Hi Team,

For the past 3 weeks my logitech webcam C270 mic is not working, this issue was not prior; the webcam mic is functioning well in my friend's PC.

I'm unable to detect the cause of the issue, if you'll can please help me out here it will be great.

Thanks,

AE

AshishEben, Feb 27, 2020
  4. mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work

webcam and mic

Hi Roland,

Are you trying to use a specific application which accesses the webcame and mic?

Webcam

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402864...

To open up your webcam or camera, select the Start button, and then select Camera in the list of apps.

If you want to use the camera within other apps, select the Start button, select Settings > Privacy > Camera, and then turn on Let apps use my camera. 

From there, turn on each of the listed apps where you want to use the camera.

Mic

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402798...

Give these a look and let me know!

- C

Charlie Klausen, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work

1. mystery update causing mic and webcam to not work - Similar Threads - mystery update causing

2. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 Webcams but only 1 mic working: I have 2 Lenovo Idea pad Flex 5 laptops with Win 10 - this problem occurs on both, but not on my Acer Nitro 5.So I want to use 2 external Webcams Logitech C920s & Anker C200 with OBSBoth Webcams work on their own, but if both are plugged in the cameras work but only one mic...
  3. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Webcams but only 1 mic working: I have 2 Lenovo Idea pad Flex 5 laptops with Win 10 - this problem occurs on both, but not on my Acer Nitro 5.So I want to use 2 external Webcams Logitech C920s & Anker C200 with OBSBoth Webcams work on their own, but if both are plugged in the cameras work but only one mic...
  4. 2 Webcams but only 1 mic working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update causing Webcam and Mic to switch on without authorisation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update causing Webcam and Mic to switch on without authorisation: Hey there,I recently updated my Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 and all of a sudden am coming across a webcam problem.Earlier today I noticed that my webcam light was coming on without me using it. It didn't take me long to realise it would always flick on when I was running a...
  6. Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop

Webcam and Mic stopped working on laptop: Hello guys ! I have an MSI GS66 laptop and suddenly my camera and mic stopped working. The camera isn't on device manager even in hidden mode. I've try so far : - Reset windows - SFC Scan restore health, cleanup etc... - Checking privacy - Running troubleshooter on...
  7. Webcam Mic not working

Webcam Mic not working: Hey guys, I have a problem with my Webcam which iam using as a Mic and its kinda broken :/ My Windows is a Custom Version I made with Ntlite (newest build)... but it worked before installing EQ APO ! ) The video function works in Discord and everywhere else, but not the...
  8. webcam mic not working on windows 10

webcam mic not working on windows 10: I am able to install my "Campark" spca6350 both as camera and default mic. however there is no sound. The mic is enabled but the volume slider remains at 0 db. Not Mute [ATTACH]...
  9. Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs

Webcam not working and seemingly causing BSODs: I have a Lenovo Yoga 710-14IKB. I tried opening the Camera app and I got, alternately flashing, the message "0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>" and another message which didn't display long enough for me to read the whole thing, but which included the words...
  10. webcam and mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    webcam and mic: how to access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-and-mic/bed538b8-ab30-4e98-b67c-a2f4280e9f6c