Windows 10: Mystery Virtual Disk

Discus and support Mystery Virtual Disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a mystery virtual disk and I have no idea what it is, where it is or where it came from. I can see it in Device Manager, I can see it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JiminyBillyBob, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Mystery Virtual Disk

I've got a mystery virtual disk and I have no idea what it is, where it is or where it came from.

I can see it in Device Manager, I can see it in Intel SSD toolbox, but there's nothing in Disk Management. I've unhidden empty drives and files too.

Mystery Virtual Disk [​IMG]

:)

JiminyBillyBob, Jun 30, 2020

2. mysterious virtual disk

If your disk is GPT-initialized (required for UEFI devices) it would have an EFI System partition, formatted FAT32.

If above is true, at an Administrator CMD Prompt, run diskpart:

diskpart

list disk <--- a GPT disk will show an asterisk in the GPT column

select vol C

list partition

Do you see a partition of type MSR? It should be 16MB or 128MB in size, but not formatted. If this is missing, it can cause various issues.

If your disk is not a GPT disk, it will not have an MSR partition.

Don Cuthbert, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Virtual disk service wont start

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest on Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to assist you.

I suggest you to start the Virtual Disk Service and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Virtual Disk service and
      Stop
      it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Virtual Disk
      service and set it to Automatic.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 30, 2020
  4. alphabare Win User

Mystery Virtual Disk

Virtual disk service wont start

Worked the first time i tried it then after closing the application and trying to start again the disk service would not start anymore.

alphabare, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Mystery Virtual Disk

1. Mystery Virtual Disk - Similar Threads - Mystery Virtual Disk

2. Fix mysterious errors in virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix mysterious errors in virtual desktops: Using Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, installed 4/‎18/‎2023, OS build 22621.1555, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0, I am getting errors in virtual desktops:Some apps, especially Word document files, close without warning.Multiple apps 3, 5-6, or so move to a...
  3. Fix mysterious errors in virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix mysterious errors in virtual desktops: Using Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, installed 4/‎18/‎2023, OS build 22621.1555, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22640.1000.0, I am getting errors in virtual desktops:Some apps, especially Word document files, close without warning.Multiple apps 3, 5-6, or so move to a...
  4. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  5. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Disk: What is Virtual Disk ? how does it relate to a VM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/6cadb439-5fb2-4b95-bbdf-3de2d6e75c0a
  6. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Virtual Disk

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Disk: Good day. I have created a 10GB virtual disk in disk management and would like to reassign it back to my hard disk. Thank you for your help and reply. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-disk/1d29f5f3-4f7f-4133-8356-6f254ff1c690
  8. mysterious virtual disk

mysterious virtual disk: I have a Virtual Drive B: that has appeared on my system. It is the EXACT same size as my C drive and shows the exact same amount of free space as my c drive However the content of this drive are just 2 folders Files and folders system state VSS It does not show up...
  9. Virtual disk

Virtual disk: Hello there, Recently I came to know that we can increase the hard disk storage up to 64 TB no matter how much is our real disk space. I followed the procedure and got 2 TB. I didn`t get how that is possible? Does it really mean that now my hard disk storage is 2.5 TB?...
  10. Mystery disk volume - disk full error messages

Mystery disk volume - disk full error messages: I have an unusual problem. My desktop PC keeps throwing “disk full” error messages ( approx. every 5 minutes) for a mysterious drive volume, “i:” drive. This volume was part of the host drive’s original configuration. According to its properties, the volume’s total capacity...