Windows 10: N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

Discus and support N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Time after time lower part of the keyboard starts missing key presses. Especially keys N B space down arrow and few others in the same area. It feels... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexanderRodionov2, May 26, 2020.

1. N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

Time after time lower part of the keyboard starts missing key presses. Especially keys N B space down arrow and few others in the same area.

It feels like it works most of the time, but sometimes stops working for several hit cycles or until you press other keys.

I googled several other cases with similar descriptions for other laptop models dated back up to 3 years back which makes me think this is not a hardware issue. Even though few broken keys in most cases are a result of dirt or wear, it does not sound realistic that many users of laptops from Asus, HP, Dell, Lenovo have exactly the same buttons like N B SPACE DOWN and some others physically broken unless there is a gene responsible for right index finger operations which we all share. And it seems that it only affects laptop users and their builtin keyboards.

Most of the answers follow the standard path: disable windows keyboard filters / uninstall and reinstall standard driver / try tuning registry for keyboard driver / replace your keyboard. I tried it all except keyboard replacement and it does not work.

What I found is that in my case Skype affects this behavior. If I have Skype latest version as of now running in the tray or in a window, the keyboard stops working properly. But if I have no Skype process running, my keyboard is as great as new.

My last experiment is disabling global hotkeys feature in Skype. And so far though not enough time passed to be sure keyboard works fine.

I assume that Skype somehow works like a malfunctioning keyboard filter, however, I have no means to investigate and prove it.

If you have any ideas on how to investigate and prove that Skype causes this strange keyboard issue please share it.

If you suffer from the same situation please share your experience as well and try to reproduce it in the way I proposed.

I believe if I'm right we can help many people to avoid warranty replacements for their keyboards caused by faulty software.

:)

AlexanderRodionov2, May 26, 2020

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, May 26, 2020
  3. Keys b, n and space bar not working

I have a dell inspiron 13-5378 (windows 10).

The keys b, n and space bar have stopped responding.

Currently i am using the touch keyboard.

KashyapKhona, May 26, 2020
  4. N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you using a USB keyboard?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your keyboard?

Since you are able to use the other shortcut keys, means that the keyboard works fine. This issue can occur if the
    Arrow keys on the keyboard are faulty.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try using the Arrow keys on other programs. Check if they are functional.

Most of the sytems have “Fn” key or a Function Lock key. This key can be used to
    Enable and Disable the Arrow keys. Check if the
    Arrow keys function after toggling the Fn key.

Method 2:

Try connecting a different keyboard to your computer. Try the shortcut keys once again. Check if they works.

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 26, 2020
Thema:

N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes

1. N B Space arrow keys stop working sometimes - Similar Threads - Space arrow keys

2. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  3. My keys b/n and spacebar are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keys b/n and spacebar are not working: Done trouble shooting,no breakage... Good as new. Windows 11 dell inspiron 5593 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keys-bn-and-spacebar-are-not-working/1c54df4a-019a-457d-9deb-f236439f410d
  4. The Spacebar, 'B' and 'N' keys, Arrow keys except the Up key, and '3' on the Numeric keypad...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Spacebar, 'B' and 'N' keys, Arrow keys except the Up key, and '3' on the Numeric keypad...: Hello!I have a Lenovo Ideapad 110-15ISK with the following description:Model: 80UDProcessor: Core i3-6100U @ 2.3GHzI have Windows 10 Home 22H2 with OS Build 10.0.19045.I'm currently facing an issue regarding my laptop's keyboard with several keys not working at all. These...
  5. Keys b,n, space bar, slash and left and right keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys b,n, space bar, slash and left and right keys not working: This is my laptop I use it for school, this started 4 weeks ago. One day my b,n,spacebar,slash,left and right keys weren’t working.My laptop is a dell latitude 5480windows 10-2017And I do download programs on it, but I don’t download them regularly.Looking forward to seeing...
  6. keys z, b, n, down arrow key, and left shift key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keys z, b, n, down arrow key, and left shift key not working: Hello there! As stated above, the keys are not being input as I use my computer. It's incredibly frustrating to even type this out as I'm using the On-Screen keyboard to even function. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was an accidental sharp jerk on...
  7. B/n KEYS

B/n KEYS: MY "B" and "N" Keys turn on caps lock. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bn-keys/fabe3dde-0b18-46f9-9837-8ef15197d08c
  8. b, n and space is freezing

b, n and space is freezing: b, n and space on my keyboard is freezing. If I don't have used the keyboard in some minutes, I will have to tap b, n, or space several times before its starts working again. Whenever its starting, its gets back to normal. I have a Lenovo Yoga. Thaks!...
  9. keyboard keys issues- b,m,n and space

keyboard keys issues- b,m,n and space: Hi microsoft team, after typing of letters b,m,n keyboard cursor going to start of the document. and cursor not moving forward until I press Ok. this is a big issue. I have tried to earlier system restore but that not solved issue. i also tried uninstalling the...
  10. Keyboard B N Space Arrows Issues

Keyboard B N Space Arrows Issues: I bought my Dell Inspiron 15 in December, so I've only had it a little over 6 months. For the last week or so, I have been having issues with the B N , . [space] and arrow keys. Note that the M key is fine, as are all other keys in that area. Things I have tried: I have...