Windows 10: "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect"

Discus and support "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, My first post! A couple of weeks ago when I turned my PC on and clicked one of drives I received a message that "This Folder Is Empty". I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gothope Q, Nov 24, 2016.

1. gothope Q Win User

"N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect"

Hi All,
    My first post!
    A couple of weeks ago when I turned my PC on and clicked one of drives I received a message that "This Folder Is Empty". I found this solution after a google search:
    1.diskpart 2. list disk 3. select disk {number} 4. attributes disk clear readonly 5. Disk attributes cleared successfully

I would then shutdown; pull all USB cables; turn on PC and re-inserted all USB cables. (This would only temporarily fix the problem.)

For whatever reason the problem came back. I did the originally solution again.

During this last time all partitions came back as normal, except for one:
    DISKPART> select disk 1 Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
    DISKPART> attributes disk clear readonly DiskPart failed to clear disk attributes.
    that one gave me "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect" Please check the following images.
    Attachment 111320 Attachment 111321
    Needing a break I went out and ate Thanksgiving dinner with wife and family. Came back in to do some work and all the partitions were "empty" again.
    What would cause this problem after re-booting: "3rd Master Hard Disk Error - Press F1 to continue". I had to "Press F1" before booting into Windows. Tried Google, but no luck. Nothing that made sense. Any ideas?
    I following image is another issue. I lost a partition and after using EaseUS Data Recovery: All I know is I had a 2 tb external and the next thing I remember I now had a 128 Gb partition; and trying to initialize it was also a problem.
    Attachment 111324
    I hope I expertly and appropriately explained to everyone's satisfaction. If anyone still has a question please feel free to ask.

Should I make one of the questions above a different thread?

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

:)

gothope Q, Nov 24, 2016
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “cmd r and f ” what exactly are you referring to?
    I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it help.

Method 1

A. Plug in to a different usb port and check if it helps.

B. Plug in another drive or usb flash drive on this computer and check if you are able to access the drive.

Method 2

Connect the device, run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Also, you can check if you hard drive are visible in device management type
    diskmgmt in the search Windows.

Try to disconnect the external hard drive and try accessing scsi card and see if you are able to open the drive.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

KomouPoji, Nov 24, 2016
  3. Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

You get an error stating drive is not accessible, the parameter is incorrect. It’s indicates either hard drive corrupted or permission issue. If files are not executable, you can check for permission.

Please follow the steps below:

How to check permission for external hard drive.

1. Right click on the external hard drive and select properties.

2. Under security and make sure that the drive is not under sharing mode, it should be under your ownership.

You can also click on the sharing and check.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 24, 2016
Thema:

"N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect"

1. "N Drive Is Not Accessible - The Parameter Is Incorrect" - Similar Threads - Drive Accessible Parameter

2. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect: Drive E is not accessible It shows parameter is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive-not-accessible-it-shows-parameter-is/28bd1259-b4f2-4b1d-bec6-5fc5329f25fe
  3. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect: Drive E is not accessible It shows parameter is incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-e-drive-not-accessible-it-shows-parameter-is/28bd1259-b4f2-4b1d-bec6-5fc5329f25fe
  4. My e drive not accessible it shows parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  6. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive: HI I upgraded my Hard Drive on my computer and installed a new partition everything on it but when I try to transfer files from my Old Drive as an External One I get this "The Parameter is Incorrect" I tried to do scans on it but it get stuck at 1% stage one I tried a Dock...
  7. The Parameter is Incorrect External Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If when you attempt to access your external hard drive, USB drive, or SD memory card on Windows 10 and you receive the error message […] This article Drive is not accessible, The parameter is incorrect on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  9. pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pin to quick access "parameter is incorrect": pin to quick access has not worked in over a year. I get "parameter is incorrect." I have done all the suggests to clean and update the computer. How do I fix this?...
  10. E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    E: is not accessable, the parameter is incorrect: My HP computer crashed, but before it did, I backed up my data through the blue recovery system onto a My Passport external hard drive. I have since reinstalled Windows 10 and all the HP drivers. I am trying to get the saved data back on my computer. However, when I try to...