Windows 10: Nahimic a virus?

Discus and support Nahimic a virus? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So i recently stumbled across a .exe file named nahimic and after doing some research apparently its a sound program for MSI but the problem is that i... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TRGucciSnake, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Nahimic a virus?

So i recently stumbled across a .exe file named nahimic and after doing some research apparently its a sound program for MSI but the problem is that i have a Z390-e and nothing in my setup is MSI though I used to have a MSI motherboard but upgraded a week or 2 ago so my question is could it be a virus camouflaging itself as a safe file or is it just leftover from my motherboard?

:)

TRGucciSnake, Dec 30, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Win10 1903 New update kb4524147 and msi nahimic

Hi Toru_36

Go to the MSI website then from there download and install the latest version of the Nahimic Sound Processor

Then when asked by Windows if you want to run Nahimic, choose yes . . .

If needs be, you may need to add Nahimic to the allowed apps in Controlled Folder Access:

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

You can add Nahimic to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Dec 30, 2019
  3. Issues while using Nahimic on MSI GE63 8RE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the audio functionality stops working the way it is supposed to.

I would suggest you to try uninstalling the drivers completely and re-installing the audio drivers from the manufacturer website and check if that helps. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    3. Go to Sound, video and game controllers and expand it.
    4. Right click on the Audio drivers and click on
      Uninstall.
    5. Now click on the check box Delete the drive software for this device.
    6. Restart the PC.

Once the PC restarts download the drivers from
    manufacturer website
    and install them. In addition, you can also try installing the updated version of
    Nahimic and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 30, 2019
  4. Nahimic a virus?

Issues while using Nahimic on MSI GE63 8RE

I have tried this method before and it hasn't sorted the issue, after doing it might work for a while and then will come back at any random moment and sometimes the problem persist straight away upon startup, as I mentioned before there is no issue whatsoever
    whilst using high definition audio device ,but the volume is extremely low, do you know of a way to make Nahimic work with this driver ?

Scott683266, Dec 30, 2019
Thema:

Nahimic a virus?

1. Nahimic a virus? - Similar Threads - Nahimic virus

2. Nahimic service is a virus.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nahimic service is a virus.: I can't uninstall it. I have to re-uninstall it every reboot. I change the defaults to what I want and after reboot it installs itself again and makes it's own decision of what is default...Can't uninstall a program for it, it doesn't show up in the list of apps. Going to...
  3. Nahimic service is a virus.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nahimic service is a virus.: I can't uninstall it. I have to re-uninstall it every reboot. I change the defaults to what I want and after reboot it installs itself again and makes it's own decision of what is default...Can't uninstall a program for it, it doesn't show up in the list of apps. Going to...
  4. Nahimic service is a virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.: I have an update Windows 10 is wanting to install but the "download" button isn't responding. There are no errors, no windows pop up, no messages pop up, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. I have already tried the steps listed below to no avail.Using System File...
  6. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.: I have an update Windows 10 is wanting to install but the "download" button isn't responding. There are no errors, no windows pop up, no messages pop up, I click on "Download" and nothing happens. I have already tried the steps listed below to no avail.Using System File...
  7. Windows Update Button Not Responding. Nahimic Wont Respond.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  9. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...Note that "system" isn't typed in...
  10. Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan

in Windows 10 Customization
    Asking for system permission to delete nahimic trojan: Hi,I have that nahimic trojan installed on my computer, but i can't delete it : it asks for "system permission's".I've read that u simply had to right-click > security > etc...Thing is that I DON'T have the security tab when i right click...French boi, but there's only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nahimic 2 asks for permission every time i turn my computer on

2. nahimic mirroring device what is it

3. nahimic windows defender

4. nahimic 3 virus,
  5. nahimic 3 updated on its own,
  6. MY NAHIMIC VERSION,
  7. nahimic 3 isntallation safe,
  8. nahimic e virus