Windows 10: Name Change on child's account

Discus and support Name Change on child's account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, I do not approve of the name my son chose for his account "Kill All". I would like instructions for changing the name on my 9 year old son's... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Reginaa_13, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Name Change on child's account

Hello,

I do not approve of the name my son chose for his account "Kill All". I would like instructions for changing the name on my 9 year old son's account.

Thank you!!

:)

Reginaa_13, Jan 30, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Child account name changed to my name

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a clarity on the issue, please reply with the following details:

• When you say, “I made the selection to sign in to her Microsoft account using my Microsoft log in” do you mean that you used your Microsoft account to login to the PC?

• Where exactly the name has been changed for the child account? Are you seeing the name changed in Microsoft Family when you log in to
      https://account.microsoft.com?
    • What happens when you try to change the name for the child account?
    • Are you referring to the name displayed on the log in screen of the computer?.

If you are referring to change the Display name for the Microsoft account for your child, please refer the steps in the article

How to change your Microsoft account display name
    and see if that helps.

Please get back to us with the details to assist you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Name Change on child's account

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Name Change on child's account

1. Name Change on child's account - Similar Threads - Name Change child's

2. Changing account name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing account name: When one changes their account name in windows Control Panel > User Accounts > User Accounts ... isn't the name under "users" subfolder meant to change as well ?? This see image didn't work, nor can I simply rename the folder. Can anyone advise why this may be the case ?...
  3. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  4. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  5. Change adult account to child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change adult account to child account: Change adult account to child account I am new to Microsoft. I bought my son an Xbox One console in 2014, in the setup process, I was asked to set up a Microsoft account with parental support, so I set up my hotmail account and created an outlook email account for him. com...
  6. Account name (change it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  7. Change account to child

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change account to child: When I set my son up on Xboxone, I used my email and information with his gamertag. I need to set screen time, but cant because he is set as the “parent.” I tried to add another adult to my “family” on microsoft to monitor/ set screen time for him, but it didnt work...
  8. Changing an adult account into a child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  9. Child account name changed to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child account name changed to my name: All seemed fine for a few days, her name was listed. But recently there are two accounts named Mike magee. Hence why I added dad to it as a work around. When I 1st set up for account it is important to note that I made the selection to sign in to her Microsoft account using...
  10. Changing password on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...