Windows 10: Name change

Discus and support Name change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I change the name of my wifi network? It still identifies as the previous owner of the modem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LisaHill8, Jun 27, 2019.

1. LisaHill8 Win User

Name change

How do I change the name of my wifi network?

It still identifies as the previous owner of the modem.

:)

LisaHill8, Jun 27, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Name change :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Name change

change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Name change

1. Name change - Similar Threads - Name change

2. Can I change computer name to original?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change computer name to original?: I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now my computer thinks it’s an HP laptop and there’s a completely different machine number after the name. Can I change it back to...
  3. Can I change computer name to original?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change computer name to original?: I had some probs with windows 10 desktop and had to make a recovery drive on a flash drive from a different windows 10 laptop. It worked fine but now my computer thinks it’s an HP laptop and there’s a completely different machine number after the name. Can I change it back to...
  4. Can I change computer name to original?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Remove Dates on Tracked Changes or Comments for Macbook But Keep the Author Names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Dates on Tracked Changes or Comments for Macbook But Keep the Author Names: I see lots of people ask this question, and none of the solutions I saw throughout the forum here solved the answer for me. However, as a layperson, I found a workaround I could do in about 5 minutes after some practice. Is it okay to post advice on such a question? I see...
  6. Remove Dates on Tracked Changes or Comments for Macbook But Keep the Author Names

Remove Dates on Tracked Changes or Comments for Macbook But Keep the Author Names: I see lots of people ask this question, and none of the solutions I saw throughout the forum here solved the answer for me. However, as a layperson, I found a workaround I could do in about 5 minutes after some practice. Is it okay to post advice on such a question? I see...
  7. When I eventually upgrade to Windows 11, how do I make sure my c: folder has a name change...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I eventually upgrade to Windows 11, how do I make sure my c: folder has a name change...: Hi,I've recently changed my first name. My current c:filepath on my 4-year-old Windows 10 is tied to my old first name, which I hate but I am tolerating for this computer only because it's old and all other instances of me changing my name in the system outside of my Outlook...
  8. When I eventually upgrade to Windows 11, how do I make sure my c: folder has a name change...

When I eventually upgrade to Windows 11, how do I make sure my c: folder has a name change...: Hi,I've recently changed my first name. My current c:filepath on my 4-year-old Windows 10 is tied to my old first name, which I hate but I am tolerating for this computer only because it's old and all other instances of me changing my name in the system outside of my Outlook...
  9. How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?: In Windows, Bluetooth device name change is possible throubh Device Manager → Bluetooth → Driver → Advanced.The problem is this is updated only after rebooting and just Bluetooth Off/On does not work.These operations seem to be related to GATT Server configuration and...
  10. How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?

How can I change Bluetooth device name without PC rebooting?: In Windows, Bluetooth device name change is possible throubh Device Manager → Bluetooth → Driver → Advanced.The problem is this is updated only after rebooting and just Bluetooth Off/On does not work.These operations seem to be related to GATT Server configuration and...