Windows 10: Name not match

Discus and support Name not match in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Just happened to see Event Viewer and drove me to this. That WD20 is 2TB storage that have error in Event Viewer. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hhaziq98, May 11, 2020.

1. flaurens Win User

E50 number to contact name matching bug?

Hello,

I just got an E50 (RM-170, software V 07.36.00).

It seems to have a very irritating bug in the way numbers are matched to contacts in the 'recent calls' lists:

- an entry in the list will show the contact name *only if* the number appears only once in the contact list;

- otherwise the entry only shows the number.

This happens all the time with my well organized (synced ith my PC) contact list where 2 members of the same family typically have entries with different mobile numbers, but same landline numbers. In that case the landline number will never be matched to
    a contact name.

To me this is not a 'feature', but definitely a bug. All other (non-Nokia) phones I have owned have the much more usable behaviour of showing in the calls list the name for the first (or last - who cares) contact that matches a call number.

Is there a software update that fies this bug for the E50?

-- FL

flaurens, May 11, 2020
  2. PC Name and Bluetooth Do Not Match

Hi Nathan,

If you want to change your Bluetooth name on your Windows 10 computer, we recommend performing the steps below:

• Open Control Panel in your system. If you can’t locate the control panel press
      windows key + R then type “Control Panel” and hit Enter.
    • Click on Hardware & Sound option.
    • Click on Device Manager under Device and Printers option.
    • Once the Device Manager windows opens, expand the Bluetooth and right click on
      Generic Bluetooth Adapter.
    • In the Bluetooth adapter properties windows click on
      Advance tab.
    • You can update the Bluetooth name by changing the name under Radio Information. Choose the desired name and click Ok.
    • If you are still unable to change the name on your system we suggest you to update the Bluetooth drivers of your system and then try again.

Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Michelle Vil, May 11, 2020
  3. Name not match

E72 Not matching Number to Name in Dailed Recived Missed call lists.

For some reason my E72-2 ver. 22.007 RM-529 just started not matching names to numbers in the call list. I have restarted multible times and it still wont match them.

Any Ideas?

Just to add when someone calls its now not matching and not showing thier name ethier just shows thier number.

And this just started, about 5hr ago It worked (I got a cal it said and displayed it name and now it dosn't, and this hasn't happened before.

Napsterbater---01, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Name not match

1. Name not match - Similar Threads - Name match

2. Is it normal for search in Windows Explorer to not return a file name that matches the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it normal for search in Windows Explorer to not return a file name that matches the...: This post is a test to find out how image posting works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-search-in-windows-explorer-to-not/ac2da1a1-9d3d-47fa-80ac-43605938700e
  3. Is it normal for search in Windows Explorer to not return a file name that matches the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it normal for search in Windows Explorer to not return a file name that matches the...: This post is a test to find out how image posting works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-normal-for-search-in-windows-explorer-to-not/ac2da1a1-9d3d-47fa-80ac-43605938700e
  4. Is it normal for search in Windows Explorer to not return a file name that matches the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Cannot connect to Windows Server VPN with error "The certificate's CN name does not match...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to Windows Server VPN with error "The certificate's CN name does not match...: Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question, i'm not sure where else to go for answers at this point. I am using Win Server 2019, and have tried setting up a VPN server for remote connection through SSTP. I cannot connect to the VPN for some reason, every time I...
  6. Cannot connect to Windows Server VPN with error "The certificate's CN name does not match...

Cannot connect to Windows Server VPN with error "The certificate's CN name does not match...: Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this question, i'm not sure where else to go for answers at this point. I am using Win Server 2019, and have tried setting up a VPN server for remote connection through SSTP. I cannot connect to the VPN for some reason, every time I...
  7. Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to match account name which ended up creating two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to match account name which ended up creating two...: Tried to change "User" name in C:\Users\User to match with my account name. But it ended up creating two folders in C:\Users like "User" and "Rahul reddy" folder name that I tried changing name to splitting files between both folders. I tried to restore my device multiple...
  8. Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to match account name which ended up creating two...

Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to match account name which ended up creating two...: Tried to change "User" name in C:\Users\User to match with my account name. But it ended up creating two folders in C:\Users like "User" and "Rahul reddy" folder name that I tried changing name to splitting files between both folders. I tried to restore my device multiple...
  9. Tried to change C:\Users\User folder name to match account name which ended up creating two...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Users folder name does name match user name

Users folder name does name match user name: I'm on Windows 11 and did a fresh install, logged in with my Microsoft account but all my user info is locked.The C:\Users profile name is a portion of the email address associated with my Microsoft account and not my actual name.The netplwiz options are locked and shows my...