Windows 10: Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two...

Discus and support Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello: There are two identical PCs with Windows 10. I created two different accounts for upon starting up Windows 10, .... one for 'Winter 20,' and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yama2011, Feb 12, 2020.

1. yama2011 Win User

Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two...

Hello:

There are two identical PCs with Windows 10. I created two different accounts for upon starting up Windows 10, .... one for 'Winter 20,' and 'Spring 20.'

However, after clicking, 'time and date' at the left of screen < name of Account ,....

there is always showing up 'Winter 20' on both PCs.

How to 'lock' name of Accountabove 'Pin upon starting up Windows 10, .... one for 'Windows 10' and the other for 'Spring 20?'

Thanks for any help.

:)

yama2011, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two... [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 12, 2020
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two...

User Account Folder Name

Here's a workaround to rename the user account folder:

• Unlink your Microsoft Account from your Windows 10 device which will result for your account to be converted as a Local account.
    • Create a new Local account, name it using your preferred account and folder name then set it as Administrator.
    • Sign in to your Windows 10 device using the newly created local admin account.
    • Link your Microsoft Account to the newly created local admin account.

After doing the steps above, check if this resolves your concern. If so, migrate all your files from the old account to the new user account and delete the previous one.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two...

1. Name of Account does not keep on, even though I created two different names for two... - Similar Threads - Name Account does

2. Problem with two names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with two names: Hello, I got the problem with the Microsoft account. I have one name in Microsoft account on web site and other on Accounts option in Settings. I don't know but doesn't both names should be same because they are both connected with one email. If you didn't understand me here...
  3. Problem with two names

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with two names: Hello, I got the problem with the Microsoft account. I have one name in Microsoft account on web site and other on Accounts option in Settings. I don't know but doesn't both names should be same because they are both connected with one email. If you didn't understand me here...
  4. A USB with two names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A USB with two names: I'm not sure how it happened by I'd like to get rid of the two names of the 'Black USB' and create one. How to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-usb-with-two-names/8b126415-3222-4eac-8e45-5586d6dcb8f8
  5. Why Two different folders named Pictures?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Two different folders named Pictures?: I have recently found that my computer had created two different folders with the same name "Pictures". Both are on my D: drive which is my data drive where I keep data and my C: drive is my SSD.One folder is found at D:\Pictures and the other one is D:\niaga\Pictures. They...
  6. Two sign-in names?

Two sign-in names?: I just bought a new desktop computer and at start up it comes up with 2 of my names??? How do I delete one of these sign-in identities???? I'm fairly certain I didn't create another......
  7. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  8. Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops

Two laptops, one onedrive account but different path-name on the two different laptops: Laptop one: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt Laptop two: C:\Nyvoll Consult as\Nyvoll Consult as\Prosjekt - Bygg Prosjekt I use my laptops as a professional, and a lot of files are linked together. But with different paths, this is a problem. How to fix?...
  9. Two sign in names.

Two sign in names.: When starting windows goes to the sign in page, somehow I now have two names there (both mine) one with my e-mail which is the correct one the other just my name. In user accounts there is only my correct one I did uncheck the box so as not having to sign in but still need...
  10. System using two different names for same user account

System using two different names for same user account: I am setting up a new PC. Win 10 seems to force you to use a Microsoft email account/address as the basis for setting it up. It then uses 5 letters from the email name as your user account name. You can then convert the user account to a "local" account, not tied in to the...