Windows 10: Name on login screen

Discus and support Name on login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoMan3, Feb 22, 2020.

1. JoMan3 Win User

Name on login screen

I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel; however, when I click on the account I want to manage it is not giving me the option to change my name. Could someone help please? I'm tired of seeing my son's name on my account.

:)

JoMan3, Feb 22, 2020
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 22, 2020
  4. rmanasa Win User

Name on login screen

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

Name on login screen

1. Name on login screen - Similar Threads - Name login screen

2. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  3. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hide domain name in login screen: Greetings Is there any way to hide domain name in windows 10 login screen for end users? Or even if we can replace it by another alias https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hide-domain-name-in-login-screen/d3ff24bd-5904-48b6-84c0-ba919f778322
  4. Hide domain name in login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hide user name from login screen (no typing the name)?: I know that you can disable the "pre-typing" of the user name on the lock screen, so that it looks like this: In that case you have to type both the user name and the password for unlocking. But what I want is to not have to type the user name, but just hide it, so that it...
  6. Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Login screen name includes a name that doesn't have a user account: A deleted user account name has started displaying on the Login In screen and I need to find a way to delete it. Does anyone know how to do this? 164819
  7. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  8. Windows 10 change name on login screen

Windows 10 change name on login screen: How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-name-on-login-screen/faab31e5-4502-4761-ab1f-c2adc79c57e4
  9. Login Screen email name

Login Screen email name: I have changed my email provider. How do I change the email name on the login screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-screen-email-name/2ed0253a-63f3-4f69-94f1-7b7f22a5309a
  10. Unable to change name on login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to change name on login screen: On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on...