Windows 10: Name on my Ethernet Connection

Discus and support Name on my Ethernet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under Network Connections, this is is what it says on my ethernet connection: Ethernet 118Vit24 Realtek PCle BGE Family Controller I understand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulVitale, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Name on my Ethernet Connection

Under Network Connections, this is is what it says on my ethernet connection:

Ethernet

118Vit24

Realtek PCle BGE Family Controller

I understand how to change the name. Change "Ethernet" to anything I want.

However, where did it get the 118Vit24? That is the name of one of my wireless networks.

How did that happen? How can I change it to something other than one of my wireless names?

:)

PaulVitale, Jan 26, 2021

2. My ethernet adapter is named "Ethernet 2" and there's already a device named "Ethernet"?

Hi Bhargav,

Thanks for your suggestion. I ran your file as an administrator and the only "net" device listed was a Hyper-V networking adapter that appears to not be currently connected. I've already been able to confirm that the Hyper-V adapter does not have the name
    of "Ethernet".

Any other ideas?

Jacob Simone, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Change name of Ethernet connection

How do I change the Name of my Ethernet Connection? Currently it has the same name as my WiFi 2.4Ghz connection ( have a dual band router so I also have a 5Ghz connection).

Name on my Ethernet Connection [​IMG]

I know how to rename my Local Area Connection:

netsh interface set interface name="Local Area Connection 2" newname="Local Area Connection"

this is different and I can't figure out how to change it.

Ztruker, Jan 26, 2021
  4. MarcoArik Win User

Name on my Ethernet Connection

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Name on my Ethernet Connection

1. Name on my Ethernet Connection - Similar Threads - Name Ethernet Connection

2. Ethernet connection with blank name, does not go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection with blank name, does not go away: HelloYesterday I used USB-Tethering because my WiFi had an issue yesterday. It then of course set it as an ethernet connection. However, when I shut down my pc yesterday, i checked my connections and saw a non-connected Ethernet device, which, well, had no name. It is blank,...
  3. The name of my wired Ethernet connection keeps changing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The name of my wired Ethernet connection keeps changing.: So I have had my computer connected to different routers in the past when I would take my computer to my parents place or to a friends. I know when it is connected to a new port it gives it a higher numbered Ethernet name. I think the last time I checked it was Ethernet 8....
  4. How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I rename or reset my ethernet connection name?: [ATTACH] The past few weeks I have been connected to multiple routers for testing purposes using an ethernet cable. Now this page in settings shows my current connection as Network 8, but it used to be just Network. How can I reset this name without reinstalling Windows?...
  5. My ethernet adapter is named "Ethernet 2" and there's already a device named "Ethernet"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My ethernet adapter is named "Ethernet 2" and there's already a device named "Ethernet"?: Hi! In Control Panel, under Network Connections type Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections into the "address bar" in Control Panel, I have three devices listed. One is my WiFi, one is my Ethernet, and the other is a VPN I use. Only Ethernet matters for...
  6. Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing

Ethernet Connection Display Name not showing: When I hover on the network icon in my notification area, I get the message "POOVENDHAN Internet access" but when I click on the network icon it is showing "Local Area Connection 2 No Internet", why my Ethernet name "POOVENDHAN" not getting displayed in the list even though...
  7. Change name of Ethernet connection

Change name of Ethernet connection: How do I change the Name of my Ethernet Connection? Currently it has the same name as my WiFi 2.4Ghz connection ( have a dual band router so I also have a 5Ghz connection). [img] I know how to rename my Local Area Connection: netsh interface set interface name="Local...
  8. Ethernet connection - How do you change the name of the connection.

Ethernet connection - How do you change the name of the connection.: How do you change the name of your Ethernet wired connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connection-how-do-you-change-the-name-of/6905a661-9209-4c2e-88fe-e9642bdca2c7
  9. How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Name?: Hi, I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via...
  10. How can I change the name of my Ethernet connection?

How can I change the name of my Ethernet connection?: Hi, I had the ethernet cable connected to the wifi router when I was setting it up, and this has led the name to stick with the default name given by Linksys: Linksys82501 I would like to change this so that it displays my Wifi name instead. Can this be done?...