Windows 10: Name on the screen to start up the computer

Discus and support Name on the screen to start up the computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me if the computers we are using are to make our lives easier and faster, why then when I start the computer I have to click on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardKadylak, May 15, 2022.

1. Name on the screen to start up the computer

Can anybody tell me if the computers we are using are to make our lives easier and faster, why then when I start the computer I have to click on my name in front of the screen to sign in when I am the only one using it???

:)

EdwardKadylak, May 15, 2022
  2. zinou Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

Name on the screen to start up the computer [​IMG]

Name on the screen to start up the computer [​IMG]

zinou, May 15, 2022
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    Start Screen Name

Hi,

Regarding your concern, if you used your Microsoft account as log in to your Windows 10, we recommend that you change your account name by performing the steps below.

• Using a web browser, sign in to our Microsoft account at account.microsoft.com
    • From there, click Edit name option below the word "Hello!".
    • Enter your name that you want to appear, then restart your computer.
    Once you've rebooted your system, you'll notice that your name will change as you sign-in, but it could take some time until the new changes sync to your machine.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ariel Acu, May 15, 2022
  4. Name on the screen to start up the computer

How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, May 15, 2022
Thema:

Name on the screen to start up the computer

1. Name on the screen to start up the computer - Similar Threads - Name screen start

2. Name on the screen to start up the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Name on the screen to start up the computer: Can anybody tell me if the computers we are using are to make our lives easier and faster, why then when I start the computer I have to click on my name in front of the screen to sign in when I am the only one using it???...
  3. Start screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start screen name: Hi guys,I am using a local account on my PC and on start-up my name comes up with the incorrect spelling. How do I edit it so I have the correct spelling of my name on start-up.Kind regardsjkeXZ...
  4. Computer start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer start up: I don't want to keep using my password to start up my computer, every time I begin work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-start-up/d4cea368-926f-4ffe-8542-7cd323d53d3b
  5. changing name on start screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    changing name on start screen: i bought an old laptop ,in which previous owner name come on start screen how to change it or remove it please help fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-name-on-start-screen/a823ae80-5f73-499a-a391-b41c820343c6
  6. start up computer

in Windows 10 Support
    start up computer: good afternoon I need some help i can't remember how to chang the start up so you don't have to click in anything you just start up the computer and it goes to your desktop without clicking in anything I remrmber that you are supposed to push the start button and some other...
  7. Display Name On start up

Display Name On start up: I have been on this Microsoft web site for an hour just trying to remove my name and email address from start up nothing in the answers will do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-name-on-start-up/594d64d5-00e3-4b13-b051-242db4fc5018
  8. Computer start up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer start up: On start up after I enter my password it brings up a screen saying please reenter your password. Because you’re accessing sensitive info you need to verify your password. My question is if this is a scam or Legit? I think windows did an update when it was shut down the last...
  9. start up name

start up name: I recently set up my new computer and I did not get my name to appear on the page when you enter your password. How do I change it? What I do get is my email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-name/9089cc63-4579-48ac-a67c-851455b5e92e
  10. Computer is not starting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is not starting up: So I hit the power button on my computer, but I wait for at least ten minutes before anything happens on the screen. Sometimes I have to wait for over an hour before it shows the menu. During this time, the screen is black and I can't do anything. Is there any solution or fix...