Windows 10: Name plates in Win 11 task bar

Discus and support Name plates in Win 11 task bar in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Snyzow, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Snyzow Win User

Name plates in Win 11 task bar

Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as well as turning off Badges. Its not stopping me from using the taskbar but it is incredibly annoying. This does not happen anywhere else I have tried within windows. Cant seem to find anything online about it. Only the basic Taskbar and personalization options/settings and none have resolved.

:)

Snyzow, Jul 6, 2022

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Jul 6, 2022
  3. sp_999 Win User
    Critical error task bar win 10

When will the critical error for win 10 for task bar be resolved. All suggestions have been tried and this does not work.

Do you have any other suggestions or an ETA?

sp_999, Jul 6, 2022
  4. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2022
Thema:

Name plates in Win 11 task bar

1. Name plates in Win 11 task bar - Similar Threads - Name plates task

2. When will Win 11 get the task bar Addressbar back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Win 11 get the task bar Addressbar back?: I won't go to Win 11 until the Addressbar is put back. Microsoft has lost the concept of economy of steps. It's hard to keep up with all the changes for change sake. If it ain't broke, don't fix it....
  3. Win 11 task bar and explore crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 task bar and explore crashes: After upgrading to win 11,I have pinged apps on the taskbar like powershell and mmc but when I press "shift" + "right click" to select "run as administrator or another user " the windows explorer crashed every time for 3-4 times and the opens the menu....
  4. Win 11 task bar and explore crashes

Win 11 task bar and explore crashes: After upgrading to win 11,I have pinged apps on the taskbar like powershell and mmc but when I press "shift" + "right click" to select "run as administrator or another user " the windows explorer crashed every time for 3-4 times and the opens the menu....
  5. Name plates in Win 11 task bar

Name plates in Win 11 task bar: Pictured below is my start menu before and then after I hover over an icon. Once this name plate comes up I am unable to open the selected program. I have to move my mouse off the program and back on and click with a second or two. I have tried turning off Taskbar widgets as...
  6. Win 10 task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 task bar: So i just recently got mulitiple displays and after changing the location i want the task bar on my second mon to auto hide but not the one on my main mon (i did try doing it this way in the regedit no luck also have to restart the windows explorer service after reboot so it...
  7. Name Plate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name Plate: When I turn on mu computer it cycles through process and I click "Enter" It ask for my password...Ok! Good Deal. However, I would to have my name on the screen rather the name "Owner" above the password line. How do I insert my name, than "Owner"?...
  8. Win 10 Task Bar

Win 10 Task Bar: Again microsoft has outdone itself with stupidity. The task bar, when opening programs gets crowded, instead of reducing size of link, it keeps shifting files links till they are no longer displayed and you have to start shutting down multitask items to get the tab to show...
  9. task bar win 10 not working

task bar win 10 not working: windows 10 task bar ... need to make it larger tried to right click and still will not get larger task bar is not locked any ideas? Mike...
  10. Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Name of type of tooless hard drive holder plate thing.: Dose anyone know what these are called? I'm getting no where trying to find some, need them mostly for 3 1/2 bays sicne the case cab use them but did not come with any. http://www.tech-kings.net/home/image...i/DSC_1216.JPG 69743