Windows 10: Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Discus and support Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I get the warning 'Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.' in event viewer whenever my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnnGosi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. AnnGosi Win User

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Hello

I get the warning 'Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.' in event viewer whenever my Wifi drops out - which is every 10-30 minutes. It's a Lenovo Thinkpad T440p running Windows 10 pro.

I've already changed the Wifi card (Intel 7260NGW on the m.2 slot), installed different driver versions, reinstalled Win10. This only happens on Wifi, it's fine on LAN with the same router. This seems to be a software problem which only occurs on Windows. Wifi works with Linux, but I need it to work on Windows as I work with lots of Windows programs.

Any ideas please?

:)

AnnGosi, Oct 31, 2018
  2. jbb897 Win User

Wifi Disconnects - Name resolution for the name XXXXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Asus laptop model Q551LN-BSI708

I often lose WiFi connection on one of my laptops, and the symptoms leading up to this are the following:

1) I get a yellow triangle (my wife and I call it the triangle of death) down on top of the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right of my screen - task manager area. When I see this, I instantly lose internet connection.

2) I go into Event viewer, and I find that the disconnect is 100% related to these errors below (at least looking at the date/time of the errors and when I get the yellow triangle). They are always the same, except for the website referenced as shown below.

I am using OpenDNS IP addresses on my router as my DNS service. I have also tried to switch to Google DNS servers, with no luck. Trying to figure out if my router is bad.

Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name mtalk.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name swupmf.adobe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name bn1302.storage.live.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name classdojo.pubnub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name core.mochibot.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name skydrive.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name clients4.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

jbb897, Oct 31, 2018
  3. jbb897 Win User
    WiFi Disconnects - Name resolution for the name XXXXXX timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit Asus laptop model Q551LN-BSI708

I often lose WiFi connection on this laptop, and the symptoms leading up to this are the following:

1) I get a yellow triangle (my wife and I call it the triangle of death) down on top of the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right of my screen - task manager area. When I see this, I instantly lose internet connection.

2) I go into Event viewer, and I find that the disconnect is 100% related to these errors below (at least looking at the date/time stamp of the errors and when I get the yellow triangle). The errors are always the same, except for the website referenced
    as shown below.

1) I am using OpenDNS IP addresses on my router as my DNS service.

2) I have also tried to switch to Google DNS servers, with no luck. Same issue.

3) My wireless network card driver is up to date. I even uninstalled it, and reinstalled just in case.

Here are the errors in Event Viewer:

Name resolution for the name win10.ipv6.microsoft.com. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name mtalk.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name swupmf.adobe.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name bn1302.storage.live.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name classdojo.pubnub.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name core.mochibot.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name skydrive.wns.windows.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name telecommand.telemetry.microsoft.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name clients4.google.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

jbb897, Oct 31, 2018
  4. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. Event ID 1014

When did you notice this error? When I looked in event viewer.

When did you reinstall Win 10? 11 hours ago

Did you run scandisk and the normal steps? Yes

Are you the Admin of a giant corporate network? No I own the PC, it is a home PC and it is just me.

I do not want to disable WPAD do I? If it was not important or necessary for a home PC why include it? I would like assistance in resolving the problem.

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client

Date: 11/25/2017 4:02:06 PM

Event ID: 1014

Task Category: (1014)

Level: Warning

Keywords: (268435456)

User: NETWORK SERVICE

Computer: DESKTOP-9DVSDJF

Description:

Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client" Guid="{1C95126E-7EEA-49A9-A3FE-A378B03DDB4D}" />

<EventID>1014</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>1014</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x4000000010000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-11-25T21:02:06.358927900Z" />

<EventRecordID>886</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="2580" ThreadID="4052" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-9DVSDJF</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-20" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="QueryName">wpad</Data>

<Data Name="AddressLength">128</Data>

<Data Name="Address">170000000000000026020304CC87357000000000000000010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

TonySchwartz317, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

1. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. - Similar Threads - Name resolution name

2. DNS Name resolution not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Name resolution not working: HelloHere is the scenario:I have moved three VMs from a VmWare environment to the Oracle Cloud. Two of the VMs were Windows 2019 Standard Active Directory Domain Controllers, the third VM is a Windows 2019 Standard server. As a result of the move, the IPs on all three...
  3. DNS Name resolution not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name resolution not working: HelloHere is the scenario:I have moved three VMs from a VmWare environment to the Oracle Cloud. Two of the VMs were Windows 2019 Standard Active Directory Domain Controllers, the third VM is a Windows 2019 Standard server. As a result of the move, the IPs on all three...
  4. DNS server not responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DNS server not responding: Using Windows 10One website loading fineAny other is unreachable - troubleshooting saying "DNS server is not responding" WiFi connection is perfectly fine through my phone I have searched the other responses but they haven't worked... help!...
  5. Name resolution for the name website.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Name resolution for the name website.com timed out after none of the configured DNS servers...: I've been having this issue intermittently since I've just installed windows on my new gaming rig, it happens seemly randomly to whichever server I'm connected to, I've flushed my DNS, I've disabled RSS, Autotuning, Taskoffload and IP v6 yet it still keeps happening, is there...
  6. configuring outlook 2010 for gmail imap access dns name resolution problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    configuring outlook 2010 for gmail imap access dns name resolution problem: I am trying to configure gmail in outlook 2010 on a Windows 10 virtual machine running in VMware 15 workstation. Somehow during configuration of outlook client app I am getting following errors as seen in screenshots. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] What else can...
  7. DNS Server Not Responding

DNS Server Not Responding: Error message: DNS server is not responding. The screen shots they show to fix it don't match my Windows 10 screens. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/f3e136f5-e7c7-427d-80f3-95803abbaa71
  8. DNS Name resolution for “_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.fios-router.home” & “wpad” BLOCKED by...

DNS Name resolution for “_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.fios-router.home” & “wpad” BLOCKED by...: This first post is a bit long because I've added some updates, but it also has some good stuff for you, so please bear with me. HOWEVER, please DO NOT post any stock answer. This query will NOT be fixed by any kind of automatic answer. PLEASE ABSORB THE DETAILS. On every...
  9. DNS server not responding

DNS server not responding: DNS server not responding. Continuing message 'Not connected to internet" but it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dns-server-not-responding/e5939f0f-55dd-4c90-bcd9-75e4eef69c79
  10. Fresh Install Win10 "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out" DNS

Fresh Install Win10 "Name resolution for the name wpad timed out" DNS: Hi! I just did a fresh install of windows 10 x 64. I remained in Build 1709. I did not format the HD, just fresh install. I have a brand new Router/Modem - AT&T Arris. I installed this myself, I installed similar hardware 5-10 times over my life, hooking up cables, I am...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.

2. Name resolution for the name wpad timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded

3. Name resolution for the name ad.afy11.net

4. name resolution for the name wpad,
  5. ad.afy11.net error in event viewer,
  6. Name resolution for the name ad.afy11.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.,
  7. name wpad timed out ,
  8. login.zscalertwo.net timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded,
  9. Data Name=QueryName>wpad</Data,
  10. ad.afy11.net timed out after noe of the configured dns servers responded,
  11. ad.afy11.net 1014,
  12. QueryName wpad ,
  13. wpad timeout,
  14. ad.afy11.net dns error,
  15. event 1014 wpad timed out