Windows 10: Name resolution

Discus and support Name resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Olá,Tive o seguinte problema, vendo no log, ao conectar meu notebook na rede existe esse erro Resolução de nomes para o nome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MárcioLopes_996, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Name resolution

Olá,Tive o seguinte problema, vendo no log, ao conectar meu notebook na rede existe esse erro Resolução de nomes para o nome _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.xxxx.local. Tempo acabou. Depois de dimensionar uma VM, toda a rede caiu, alguém sabe se esse erro de resolução de nome tem algo a ver com isso?

:)

MárcioLopes_996, Sep 10, 2021
  2. Jomel Ber Win User

Increasing mirrored screen resolution

Hi Sam,

To further assist you, we would like to know what is the make and model of your HD TV? We also suggest that you check if there's an option to change the resolution through your TV.

You can also follow these steps on how to adjust screen resolution through Control Panel:

• Open Control Panel, under Appearance and Personalization, click
      Adjust screen resolution.
    • Click the name of your HD TV, then click the drop down for Resolution.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 10, 2021
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Sep 10, 2021
  4. Name resolution

Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 10, 2021
Thema:

Name resolution

1. Name resolution - Similar Threads - Name resolution

2. DNS Name resolution not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS Name resolution not working: HelloHere is the scenario:I have moved three VMs from a VmWare environment to the Oracle Cloud. Two of the VMs were Windows 2019 Standard Active Directory Domain Controllers, the third VM is a Windows 2019 Standard server. As a result of the move, the IPs on all three...
  3. DNS Name resolution not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS Name resolution not working: HelloHere is the scenario:I have moved three VMs from a VmWare environment to the Oracle Cloud. Two of the VMs were Windows 2019 Standard Active Directory Domain Controllers, the third VM is a Windows 2019 Standard server. As a result of the move, the IPs on all three...
  4. wsl ubuntu Temporary failure in name resolution only on my home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl ubuntu Temporary failure in name resolution only on my home network: I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL2. When trying to ping google.com, I get the "Temporary failure in name resolution" error, and it might be specifically related to my home network. My wsl.conf and resolv.conf which I edited as instructed at work files are: wsl.conf [network]...
  5. wsl ubuntu Temporary failure in name resolution only on my home network

wsl ubuntu Temporary failure in name resolution only on my home network: I'm running Ubuntu 20.04 on WSL2. When trying to ping google.com, I get the "Temporary failure in name resolution" error, and it might be specifically related to my home network. My wsl.conf and resolv.conf which I edited as instructed at work files are: wsl.conf [network]...
  6. wsl ubuntu Temporary failure in name resolution only on my home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  8. Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues

Device Host Name and IP Resolution Issues: One of my 3 Win11 computers host name is not showing up correctly on the network.Let's call the problem machine "Bob".On the 2 good PCs, "Bob" is shown in the Network section of File Explorer, but when I try to access it, I get the error "Windows cannot access \\Bob" - "Error...
  9. The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution

in Windows 10 News
    The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution: [IMG]While connecting to a VPN, if you see The VPN connection failed due to unsuccessful domain name resolution message, you can follow this tutorial to fix this problem. It happens due to wrong public DNS settings or when the public DNS stops responding correctly. The VPN...
  10. Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browsing name resolution terribly slow ~11s: My DNS name resolution when visiting websites is very slow average 11 s.Typically this happens with web searching and links to unvisited sites. But I also suffer when I access a webapp like microsoft's outlook.office.com.The interface is quick and responsive, but the data...