Windows 10: Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

Discus and support Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I name the drives on my Windows 10 computer? 151508 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WilliamP, Mar 1, 2020.

1. WilliamP Win User

Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

How can I name the drives on my Windows 10 computer?

:)

WilliamP, Mar 1, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

little cat, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

1. Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer - Similar Threads - Name Drives computer

2. Name of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name of computer: When I originally set up my laptop I logged in with my hotmail account. I have since created a business standard account and login to my outlook etc via the apps. The problem is the computer is still attached to the hotmail account. I wish to give the laptop to a new employee...
  3. Computer name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer name: I changed the computer name on my new Dell XPS and the computer now shows that as its name, however, the old name is still showing up as a network device. Of course when you click on it, you get a not found message. How do I get rid of this?...
  4. Randomize the Windows 10 computer name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Randomize the Windows 10 computer name: I have found that my e-mail client use my computer name in sent e-mails headers so i am looking for some way to randomize my computer name without need to manually change this name myself. 164598
  5. Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does a Windows Recovery drive contain the name of the computer the drive was made on?: I have two Dell PCs, and I would like to know on which of the two PC's this drive was created, presumably by drilling down within File Explorer into the recovery software itself. Both computers are Win 10 64-bit, one year apart in age, and likely I could use this recovery...
  6. Computer Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Name: I want to change the computer name on my PC. It is currently a name that was assigned when I installed Windows 10. I want to give it a different, more common name for use on my home network. My question is, if I change the computer name will that deactivate my Windows 10...
  7. Computer name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer name: Is it dangerous to change the computers name after I have been using the computer for years? Will it have an effect on any aspect of the computers operation including apps, email, search engines, network connections, WIFI, internet access, computer performance, etc.? I...
  8. Computer name?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer name?: I just noticed when checking my router that my Windows 10 computer is named something like DESKTOP-XXXXXX, where X is a bunch of random letters and numbers. Then I remembered that unlike with Windows 8.x, setup (in the clean install sense) never asked me to enter a name for...
  9. Change Computer Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 How to Rename your PC in Windows 10 PCs on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two PCs have the same name on the same network, it creates a conflict for network communications....
  10. Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Drive Label Name in Windows 10 How to Rename Drive Label in Windows 10 A drive name or drive label is a unique name of up to 32 (NTFS) or 11 (FAT) characters assigned to a drive, disc, or other media connected to the computer. Every drive and storage...